Contribute
Register

Recently Installed Mavericks on my Windows PC (Graphics Card Driver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and today, I just installed OSX on my desktop which already had Windows 7 installed. I installed OSX on a completely separate hard drive and am now in the process of converting all my other hard drives from NTFS to FAT32 for compatibility reasons (I have not done this yet due to the problem below).

The install went fine with no major issues. The only problem I have is I am using the integrated graphics card from my motherboard because whenever I use my NVIDIA GTX460 card and enable PCIE on my bios (to utilize the external graphics card), I end up with a blank screen. I think it is not sending anything to my graphics card, therefore, I am not seeing any display.

I thought maybe if I install the driver for it, it will let me use the graphics card. However, I am having difficulties finding the driver.

Would someone be able to direct me where I would be able to download this driver or is it even available?

My goal is to dualboot between Windows 7 and OSX and would like to use my dedicated graphics card on both system. Right now, I have to disconnect my DVI from the on-board graphics port and connect it to the NVIDIA card, enable PCI-E on my bios as the default graphics, and then run windows. Then when I switch to OSX, I undo everything. :( Though, I am able switch between the two OS just using the on-board graphics.

Current Specs:

IOS 10.10.3?
NVIDIA GTX 460 Graphics Card

Please help :)

Interesting... I think I might have fixed this.

Just did the following:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes
PCIRootUID=1

The graphics card seems to have been recognized.

But after I restart, the OS boots and after ~25% into the progress bar, the monitor shuts off as if there was no signal.

Now it shows nothing on my screen. Can't login or anything. Gonna try disabling PCIE and see if it is like the way it was before.

Can't seem to run this in a dedicated GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back