Contribute
Register

Realtek ALC283 in haswell CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody, my ALC 283 works quite fine but I have problems with my headphones port, noise is too loud so it's uncomfortable to use headphones.

I have found this http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2013-August/065671.html

But I don't know what is it.
Is it a patch for kext or for dsdt? How can I use it?

It is neither. It is a change to the Linux ALC283 driver. In the right hands (someone that understands a bit about HDA).... useful information that may help fix ALC283 via CodecCommander (with the-darkvoid's changes).

Hello Everyone,
i was so busy this last weeks doing a hackintosh to my new laptop and is working so well except for the audio controller.

My Laptop has the following hardware and software installed:
- I7-4510U
- HD4400
- Realtek ALC283
- Clover BootLoader
- Dual Boot Windows and OsX Yosemite

View attachment 113014
View attachment 113015

If you need more information please tell me what do you need.
Thanks

Hi barchero, is it ok if I use your DSDT in my system if I have the same model as your but without the g? I have a VN7-571 with Mavericks installed using chameleon bootloader and I see that you already got the audio working.

Hi barchero, is it ok if I use your DSDT in my system if I have the same model as your but without the g? I have a VN7-571 with Mavericks installed using chameleon bootloader and I see that you already got the audio working.

Never use a foreign DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back