Contribute
Register

Realtek ALC 892 No sound after sleep [10.9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can grab a pre-built binary here: https://github.com/cliffom/appleHDAReset/releases/tag/1.3

Just move the file into /Applications/ and run it. It will run in the OS X Menu Bar. Take a look at the preferences for a couple of optional settings (Start at Login, Run automatically on wake, and Save password)

I haven't had anyone else test this for me so if you have any issues let me know.

This worked for me! Thank you so much.

Thanks for the feedback. Strange that you're having issues as described. I did some testing with restarting the audio system while audio was playing (Spotify and audio in a browser on different sites) and while the audio would stop when the script was run, it would immediately pick up playing where it left off within a second or two.

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue by rolling back. If you do get a chance to test the newest version of my app (1.5.3 at the time of this post) I'd appreciate the feedback :)

Thanks so much, worked fine!!!!
My Hardware: GA H87 HD3, Multibeast 6.3.1 ALC887 Current Kext.

Love this forum too:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I have this problem too. But i've found temporary solution.
I haven't sound after sleep only if my speakers are off.
You can go to sleep again then turn speakers on and wake up. Sound will come back
:headbang:

sorry for my bad english :D

Works for me, too :clap:, thanks! ALC892, GA Z87MX-D3H

Could anyone verify that it still doesn´t work with the new multi beast version 6.4 update?

After installing my audio kext with the new multi beast (ALC 887/888b Current v100302) for the first restart and sleep it worked well. today i wondered that the problem is back again.

I have this problem too. But i've found temporary solution.
I haven't sound after sleep only if my speakers are off.
You can go to sleep again then turn speakers on and wake up. Sound will come back
:headbang:

sorry for my bad english :D

Thank you! This way my HDMI audio works again. It also works with headphones. :thumbup:

The speakers have NO effect whatsoever on the computer, unless they are USB speakers.

The "method" may seem to work, but you'll see it will fail soon.

The latest version that uses the OS X keychain to store the password, is signed (for OS X app security), and includes notification center support is available here: https://github.com/cliffom/appleHDAReset/releases

Hi, I used your tool and it worked just fine in 10.9.3. Since I updated to 10.9.4 and patched AppleHDA with Multibeast 6.4, ResetAppleHDA doesn't work anymore. My audio output does not come back after the reset. I have to reboot to get it back.

I'm using 1.5.4

EDIT: after a couple of reboots the tool seems to work just fine. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back