Contribute
Register

[READ ME FIRST!] Graphics Setup & Troubleshooting

When using the Sapphire AMD Radeon RX-580 Nitro+ in my system (Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI with Intel i9-9900K), should the "Video BIOS" in the Graphics window of the Clover Configurator config.plist be checked or unchecked? I noticed a slight difference in the video "heartbeat" when a benchmark scene is panning. When Video BIOS os checked, a slight "pulsing" of the video occurs regularly, about once per second. When unchecked, the "pulsing" is faster and sort of random. Both effects are just slightly noticeable in "Ultra" quality in the "Heaven" benchmark.

I have the nvidia 1050ti on high sierra although the system recognizes the vram
No apps seem to be able to use it

I have the nvidia 1050ti on high sierra although the system recognizes the vram
No apps seem to be able to use it
You can download both "Heaven" and "Valley" from the Unigine website (scroll down) for free. Once downloaded and opened, either app can benchmark your graphics performance by clicking its menu item in the upper left corner. You can take a screenshot of the result after the benchmark is finished for a record of your computer's graphic performance (see below).

Attachments

• 2019-03-31 Heaven 17G6030.jpg
    2019-03-31 Heaven 17G6030.jpg
    605.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 2019-03-31 Valley 17G6030.jpg
    2019-03-31 Valley 17G6030.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 130
My hackintosh recognizes the 1050ti but steam and others not using it :( plz need a solution

My hackintosh recognizes the 1050ti but steam and others not using it
Not sure what you mean. What results do you get from "Heaven" and "Valley" benchmarks? Does nVidia driver manager say your computer is using the 1050Ti card, or the default Mac OS driver?

I installed an XFX RX-570 (I know XFX sucks) to connect a new 4K display. I messed around for a few hours getting the thing to work, and in the end I was back where I started. The BIOS on my mobo can be a pain in the butt with regard to graphics cards. It will refuse to change the graphics internal vs PCI settings. I had WhateverGreen with my prior card, so it should have worked the first time since it works now with no setup change. If I connect a second display to the built-in graphics via DVI, or the 570 via DVI or DP, I can get things to boot, but ultimately the second display, though detected correctly, lights up with a black screen after login (no visible cursor, but Preferences say it's there at 1920x1080). I have been stumbling around looking at similar reports, but I'm not confident any of the solutions match my hardware well enough to work. Hoping for some pointers. I'm on current Mohave, and the second 1920x1080 display works fine as the sole display.

Hi, is it possible to fully use my quadro P4000 (Pascal generation) on my laptop (Dell M6700) ? where the quadro is the only card connected to the screen (iGPU disabled, eDP lcd)

This will inject a matching "ig-platform-id" into the IORegistry, so the driver should load giving you full acceleration. On brand-new systems (e.g. Skylake, as of today) this automatism might fail, so you'll have to supply a correct value manually.
HD 3000 systems need a special configuration, which is available in Multibeast.
Link is broken.

Is this thread no longer applicable if you're running on OpenCore? Because my HD 630 graphics aren't being accelerated in Big Sur and I'm looking for a place to start getting help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this thread no longer applicable if you're running on OpenCore? Because my HD 630 graphics aren't being accelerated in Big Sur and I'm looking for a place to start getting help.
I used the search tool and found this.
HD 630 open core.

Back