Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 2016 OS X 10.11.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
tyrequeh! After looking at your provided files back here. It's now clear to my eyes that you didn't read the instructions at all, perhaps looked at them in some few seconds and finished. Anyway, I've compressed a folder for you. Just replace existing files over EFI\CLOVER and make sure VoodooI2C kext is installed in SLE, then restart! :thumbup:

Attachments

• Override.zip
    140.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
tyrequeh! After looking at your provided files back here. It's now clear to my eyes that you didn't read the instructions at all, perhaps looked at them in some few seconds and finished. Anyway, I've compressed a folder for you. Just replace existing files over EFI\CLOVER and make sure VoodooI2C kext is installed in SLE, then restart! :thumbup:
lol If you say so I appreciate your help man! btw I got cuda working with premiere on Sierra. Havent checked if its possible to get working with FCPX yet.

lol If you say so I appreciate your help man! btw I got cuda working with premiere on Sierra. Havent checked if its possible to get working with FCPX yet.
How did you do that?

Just edited the app. The files also didn't work BTW.
Optimus is not supported in macOS, so the GTX 1060 will never work internally. iGPU is injected and not the NVIDIA card if you set inject NVIDIA to "true" your system will not boot. To see wich card you're using, see "About this Mac". iGPU is connected to DP and GTX 1060 connected to HDMI. It will only work externally not internally, meaning on a external monitor hooked up with the HDMI port, but we have to figure out how. I've been researching on this issue for weeks and the conclusion so far is not what I hoped for. You need to configure your OS somehow to not output the internal display, so this means the OS have to start on the external display also you have to sacrifice your internal one. I'll install Ubuntu soon and try to set up and come along with the issues that are present there...

As for the files you have to replace them in your EFI partition and restart. I think you have not configured DSDT probably, that's why you're facing problems. I would like to take a look at your DSDT.

Last edited:
Optimus is not supported in macOS, so the GTX 1060 will never work internally. iGPU is injected and not the NVIDIA card if you set inject NVIDIA to "true" your system will not boot. To see wich card you're using, see "About this Mac". iGPU is connected to DP and GTX 1060 connected to HDMI. It will only work externally not internally, meaning on a external monitor hooked up with the HDMI port, but we have to figure out how. I've been researching on this issue for weeks and the conclusion so far is not what I hoped for. You need to configure your OS somehow to not output the internal display, so this means the OS have to start on the external display also you have to sacrifice your internal one. I'll install Ubuntu soon and try to set up and come along with the issues that are present there...

As for the files you have to replace them in your EFI partition and restart. I think you have not configured DSDT probably, that's why you're facing problems. I would like to take a look at your DSDT.
I think you are misinterpreting what I am using the 1060 for. I dont need to use it display for it to speed up my rendering. but thats ok. As far as your files I did. didnt work, just like when I used the readme.

I think you are misinterpreting what I am using the 1060 for. I dont need to use it display for it to speed up my rendering. but thats ok. As far as your files I did. didnt work, just like when I used the readme.
You said it works in macOS Sierra, that's not true. If you meant Windows then you're right.

New to this forum, but find a lot useful things really!
Might need a little help here...Just want the trackpad working. The _DSM Method is under TPD0 Device but it keeps reboot when I tried to load the kext, and I cannot identify the problem...I have read the Razor Blade 2016 Guide and use the bundles, but got no luck. I also tried to disable some I2C devices, also failed. I attached my IOReg and DSDT in the zip, and I have struggled for three days..Hope someone could help me, sorry for my English XO

Attachments

• Compile.zip
    832.7 KB · Views: 111
New to this forum, but find a lot useful things really!
Might need a little help here...Just want the trackpad working. The _DSM Method is under TPD0 Device but it keeps reboot when I tried to load the kext, and I cannot identify the problem...I have read the Razor Blade 2016 Guide and use the bundles, but got no luck. I also tried to disable some I2C devices, also failed. I attached my IOReg and DSDT in the zip, and I have struggled for three days..Hope someone could help me, sorry for my English XO
You forgot to remove the hotpatch. Patch all _DSM methods to XDSM in DSDT. This is a necessary step or the NVMe will not boot under a _DSM method after removing the hotpatch. After applying that patch you must change a XDSM method back to _DSM for the Trackpad in device TPD0. Remove then the hotpatch in config.plist "change _DSM to XDSM" under the ACPI section. Make sure DropOEM_DSM is set to "true". Delete "LPSSI2C" kexts in SLE and install VoodooI2C. Restart!

You forgot to remove the hotpatch. Patch all _DSM methods to XDSM in DSDT. This is a necessary step or the NVMe will not boot under a _DSM method after removing the hotpatch. After applying that patch you must change a XDSM method back to _DSM for the Trackpad in device TPD0. Remove then the hotpatch in config.plist "change _DSM to XDSM" under the ACPI section. Make sure DropOEM_DSM is set to "true". Delete "LPSSI2C" kexts in SLE and install VoodooI2C. Restart!
I...I patched _DSM Methods and change it back under TPD0 Device, the DSDT is attached here...In my config.plist, there is no hotpatch related to DSM in ACPI and DropOEM_DSM is true, no LPSSI2C in S/L/E, but once I load voodooI2C, it reboots...
I attached my patched folder, kext folder and config.plist as well as my ioregistry file, I still cannot identify my problem...If anything else needed, I will upload as fast as I can...Thank you so much!

Attachments

• Help.....zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back