Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 2016 OS X 10.11.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you install in S/L/E or EFI/Clover/kexts?

SLE but you can test it first by using 'sudo kextload VoodooI2C.kext' in terminal. Does it kp or is the trackpad unresponsive? Make sure you've deleted the two appleintellpss2*.kext files from SLE also.

SLE but you can test it first by using 'sudo kextload VoodooI2C.kext' in terminal. Does it kp or is the trackpad unresponsive? Make sure you've deleted the two appleintellpss2*.kext files from SLE also.
It detects the I2C device, then restart. Deleted LPSS kexts. Will give it one more try...

Nope, it didn't work. See down below:
uar$ sudo kextload VoodooI2C.kext
/Users/uar/VoodooI2C.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) authentication failure (file ownership/permissions); check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

Nope, it didn't work. See down below:
uar$ sudo kextload VoodooI2C.kext
/Users/uar/VoodooI2C.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) authentication failure (file ownership/permissions); check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

File ownership needs to be changed to root:

sudo chown -R root:wheel VoodooI2C.kext

Then try the kextload again.

Reactions: uar
Managed to reduce the amount of time it takes for the screen to come on after opening the lid. Just add "Store (One, LIDS)" in Method _WAK before the "Return (WAKP)" line.

This works because right before going to sleep, it calls the _WAK method. Since our blades don't properly call _Q15 to change the lid status to open, I set it right before it sleeps so that when it exits wake, the lid status will already be set to open. This doesn't break normal sleep since it's assumed that the screen is already open.

Reactions: uar
File ownership needs to be changed to root:

sudo chown -R root:wheel VoodooI2C.kext

Then try the kextload again.
When I try to load it, the computer restarts.

When I try to load it, the computer restarts.

This will happen if you did not rename XDSM back to _DSM in the TPD0 section:

Method (_DSM, 4, Serialized) // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, HIDG))
{
Return (HIDD (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, HID2))
}

If (LEqual (Arg0, TP7G))
{
Return (TP7D (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, SBFB, SBFG))
}

Return (Buffer (One)
{
0x00
})
}

Works now, Thanks! :clap:

It is detected as a mouse rather then a trackpad. Have you got 2-finger scrolling working?

Hey @freejack or @uar new to this as I just got a Razer Blade, care to share your Clover files setup to get me started to experiment as well? Thanks!

Hey @freejack new to this as I just got a Razer Blade, care to share your Clover files setup to get me started to experiment as well? Thanks!
1080P or 4K screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back