Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 2016 OS X 10.11.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the patch. Do you have display brightness controls working?
Yep, Apply "Brightness Fix" from RehabMan and install IntelBacklight.kext

Thanks once again, RehabMan. Battery status is now working. Your guide for patching the DSDT for battery status helped! :clap:

I've uploaded the native DSDT and the patches, so you can verify and add them...

The existing patch for "Razer Blade 2014" already in the repo appears to be a match for your DSDT.
I'd rather not add another patch when an existing one already applies.

Reactions: uar
Dont start Windows from clover, the blade will die. Mine just did...

Dont start Windows from clover, the blade will die. Mine just did...

Windows will occasionally update the EFI partition. Try booting with your clover usb to get back to your mac.

Windows will occasionally update the EFI partition. Try booting with your clover usb to get back to your mac.
I cant turn it on, even with the charger. Now I have replaced the Killer Wi-Fi with a Broadcom chip and Wiped out the NVMe SSD to install macOS. If I return it...

I cant turn it on, even with the charger. Now I have replaced the Killer Wi-Fi with a Broadcom chip and Wiped out the NVMe SSD to install macOS. If I return it...

Did you try EC reset and taking out the Broadcom hardware?
Hopefully you made system recovery media prior to wiping out the SSD.

Try putting back the original hardware also. There might be a short somewhere after you made the changes.

Reactions: uar
Did you try EC reset and taking out the Broadcom hardware?
Hopefully you made system recovery media prior to wiping out the SSD.
EC reset worked. It came back from the dead. Thanks a lot, RehabMan. You saved me from sending it back to the manufacturer. Do you have something to work around for the blade's terrible fan noise?

EC reset worked. It came back from the dead. Thanks a lot, RehabMan. You saved me from sending it back to the manufacturer. Do you have something to work around for the blade's terrible fan noise?

Is the fan noise worse on OS X vs. Windows?
Did you implement CPU/IGPU PM?
Did you disable the unsupported discrete graphics device (ACPI patches)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back