Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 14 2014 Hackintosh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah.. I hope that hackintosh will work on this laptop :D good luck guys :D

Please if u will succeed, please and please, stick step-by-step guide in this thread. I thiink RB users will be glad to see it)
I can't wait for your further results on installing OSX on this machine. I'm complete noob in hackintoshiing but want this machine to have OSX

I'm ready for this too; I honestly hate apple but my favorite video editing software is final cut pro x. I have a hackintosh desktop and if I could hackintosh my razer blade I would increase my productivity a LOT. I'm getting annoyed that this is the longest thread about this on the interwebz. If you search razer blade hackintosh on google its all people asking for help on doing it, not people actually doing it. Im getting to the point where I think im just gonna have to dive into it and see what I can do. If I do end up doing that, I'll sure as hell post my results here.

Any progress?

Progress on what, specifically?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Hey RehabMan I was wondering, or I have a question. I'm thinking of getting a Razer Blade, and I want to install Unibeast or OSX on it as well. But because you said that QHD displays don't play as friendly would you suggest that I order one that uses the 1080p panel instead?

Thanks.

Hey RehabMan I was wondering, or I have a question. I'm thinking of getting a Razer Blade, and I want to install Unibeast or OSX on it as well. But because you said that QHD displays don't play as friendly would you suggest that I order one that uses the 1080p panel instead?

Thanks.

You should read up on QHD issues... Is it QHD or UHD? A lot of progress has been made. If you can change the DMVT-prealloc value in BIOS (either in settings or via UEFI shell), there is possibilities.

You should read up on QHD issues... Is it QHD or UHD? A lot of progress has been made. If you can change the DMVT-prealloc value in BIOS (either in settings or via UEFI shell), there is possibilities.

It is either

• [*=center]14.0" IGZO QHD+ 16:9 Ratio, 3200x1800, with LED backlight, capacitive multi-touch14.0" IPS Full HD 16:9 Ratio, 1920x1080, with LED BackLight
    [*=center]

It is either

• [*=center]14.0" IGZO QHD+ 16:9 Ratio, 3200x1800, with LED backlight, capacitive multi-touch14.0" IPS Full HD 16:9 Ratio, 1920x1080, with LED BackLight
    [*=center]

Definitely more issues on UHD (cannot drive at 60Hz, must use 58/59Hz instead).

You should read up on it...

I've got partial success on the 2015 Razer Blade 14" installing Yosemite....

The good news is, OS X will install and boot up. But it's not very usable yet. Mine is running at native resolution 3200x1800 via HD4600 (970m is disabled), touch screen works (track pad does not), bluetooth works but no wifi (strange since they are on the same Intel 7260 chip), and sound is not working via internal speakers even with the supported ALC269 driver.

Looks like Intel might have an open source 7260 driver for Linux. Anyone thinking about porting? This seems to be becoming a popular wifi solution in laptops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back