Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 14 2014 Hackintosh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I will. I have my last final exam tomorrow so I'll have more time to mess around with the razor blade.

You are not the only one working on it. But I kinda give up on it because it does not even boot to setup.

I would also love to run OSX in a VM if you figure it out.

I would also love to run OSX in a VM if you figure it out.

Installing into a VM is not supported here. This site is for installing on real hardware only.

Installing into a VM is not supported here. This site is for installing on real hardware only.

It is still helpful information. Just because I don't want to muck up my partitions yet, a VM would be helpful until someone fixes all the kinks.

Regarding VMs, please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

There is no mention about VM's other than pre-built illegal distribution of VM's. I have the software, and a valid copy of OSX along with my macbook pro. If you are referencing the second bullet about valid installation methods, you can run these in a VM. Virtual machines just emulate computer hardware.

There is no mention about VM's other than pre-built illegal distribution of VM's. I have the software, and a valid copy of OSX along with my macbook pro. If you are referencing the second bullet about valid installation methods, you can run these in a VM. Virtual machines just emulate computer hardware.

If you can accomplish a VM install using a genuine OS X downloaded from the Mac App Store then you're more than welcome to. But it still is not something well covered on this site, and the predominate way people accomplish it is with methods other than the methods allowed per site rules.

In addition, the experience of running OS X within a VM is not acceptable due to OS X reliance on hardware acceleration for graphics, and the poor support for which is provided by the various VM hosts.

Guys sorry i am a very newbie here, basically I followed all the instructions from Hackintosh website but my USB could not boot...

I downloaded OS Mavericks 10.9.4 from my MBP and I used Unibeast, and a 8GB Kingston pendrive...

I saw you guys commented about removing something or what in order to boot the USB, I could not understand... those kernel things and stuffs, are kicking my ass... :crazy:

Please guys I really hope my Razer Blade can install Mac OS so that I dont have to bring my MBP around, and yet I still can use the Razer Blade to play PC games on Windows...

I really need a complete guide, I could not find a complete guide elsewhere...
I am sooooooo blur now...

Please help me brothers... Super thanks!

Guys sorry i am a very newbie here, basically I followed all the instructions from Hackintosh website but my USB could not boot...

I downloaded OS Mavericks 10.9.4 from my MBP and I used Unibeast, and a 8GB Kingston pendrive...

I saw you guys commented about removing something or what in order to boot the USB, I could not understand... those kernel things and stuffs, are kicking my ass... :crazy:

Please guys I really hope my Razer Blade can install Mac OS so that I dont have to bring my MBP around, and yet I still can use the Razer Blade to play PC games on Windows...

I really need a complete guide, I could not find a complete guide elsewhere...
I am sooooooo blur now...

Please help me brothers... Super thanks!

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Hi thank you for replying my post!
I'm so grateful. :):)

I have updated my profile, with full details, I will still show it here btw.

System
The New Razer Blade 2014, 14 inch with Windows 8.1

CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-4702HQ Quad Core Processor with Hyper Threading 2.2GHz / 3.2GHz (Base/Turbo)

Graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 870M (3GB GDDR5 VRAM, Optimus™ Technology)
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Other Hardware
Chipset:
Mobile Intel® PCHM 8 series chipset, HM87

Memory:
8GB onboard memory (DDR3L-1600MHz)

Display:
14.0" QHD+ 16:9 Ratio, 3200x1800, with LED backlight, capacitive multi-touch

Storage:
256GB SSD (M.2 SATA)

Thank you once again :)

Status