Contribute
Register

Random freeze in Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
I've got my computer working just fine with Sierra following the unibeast + multibeast configuration.
I followed https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-getting-r9-290-390-non-x-to-work-on-sierra-10-12.210574/
to get the graphics card working. And in multibeast i only installed the bootloader and the RealtekRTL8111 v2.2.1 driver.

But still, i get these freezes that happens for no reason, there is no spesific task or workload that causes this freeze.
When a freeze occur, sound stops, video stops, mouse stops and i cannot use the restart button on my computer, i have to use the power on/off button.

Rather than just trying and failing, i would love to get som suggestion to how i can troubleshoot this and be sure to fix it. Is there some sort of error log that would reveal the problem? Of course, feel free to come up with suggestions and i will try to do that.

Thanks.

My Specs:
CPU: Intel i7 4790k
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
Graphics: MSI R9 390 8gb Gaming
RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance Pro series (4 x 8gb sticks) (All slots used)

Hi.
I've got my computer working just fine with Sierra following the unibeast + multibeast configuration.
I followed https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-getting-r9-290-390-non-x-to-work-on-sierra-10-12.210574/
to get the graphics card working. And in multibeast i only installed the bootloader and the RealtekRTL8111 v2.2.1 driver.

But still, i get these freezes that happens for no reason, there is no spesific task or workload that causes this freeze.
When a freeze occur, sound stops, video stops, mouse stops and i cannot use the restart button on my computer, i have to use the power on/off button.

Rather than just trying and failing, i would love to get som suggestion to how i can troubleshoot this and be sure to fix it. Is there some sort of error log that would reveal the problem? Of course, feel free to come up with suggestions and i will try to do that.

Thanks.

My Specs:
CPU: Intel i7 4790k
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
Graphics: MSI R9 390 8gb Gaming
RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance Pro series (4 x 8gb sticks) (All slots used)

Hello! I'm having the same issue on my build. Have you found any fix yet?

Same issue with Premiere Pro.
Did someone solve it?

My Specs:
- mobo: GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
- CPU : I7-6700k
- graphic card: GIGABYTE GTX 970
- OSX: Sierra 10.12.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back