Contribute
Register

Random Feezing and Random Reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.
An update on my system that may help you too. The rebooting/crashing issue also occurred on my Windows 7 install on its own dedicated HDD. However, I have setup Win 7 to provide detailed BSOD error dumps. It has happened twice this evening and the problem is to do with the GTX-970 Nvidia drivers on Win 7. It cites Realtek HD Audio and Intel Ethernet Connection drivers out of date on the dump, so I am downloading updates to these as I write this.

I note that Nvidia pushed out an update to their own drivers on both Win 7 and OS X this evening that I have installed. It is worth checking you have the latest drivers for your GPU and Realtek HD Audio on all OS that you are running.

EDIT: Looking back at your sys profile, I can see you have no Realtek HD Audio. Same rules apply though, check you have the latest drivers for everything as it could be your GPU not playing nice.

Another update from me, which again may be a consideration for the problem you are facing. Even with the drivers updated on both OS X and Win 7, the PC was still freezing and rebooting. It was evidently under GPU load in Win 7 with BSOD, whilst on OS X Yosemite, it was random after 15–30 mins of light activity. I suspected it was a failing Graphics Card (I bought it secondhand in Amazon Warehouse Deals). I had the BSOD analysed on another forum and received confirmation that the GPU was running out of resources and causing memory leaks. This occurring on both OS’s pointed to failing card rather than driver issues. The GPU is now going back and a brand new card has been ordered in its place.

I have the exact same motherboard as the responder here, a z97x-UD7-TH and I have the exact same freezing issue. It seems to happen unprovoked. Also, I have random failed boot-ups.

I am in the process of downloading the alternative graphics driver for my NvidiaGEforce GT740 graphics card, I'm hoping that helps. Otherwise, were all in the 9-series chipset boat here. There must be a common solution.... I will generate a .log as well as run memory test and download observational program

Otherwise, were all in the 9-series chipset boat here. There must be a common solution.... I will generate a .log as well as run memory test and download observational program

Is there a common 9-series chipset problem here then that I am unaware of? I am picking up the replacement graphics card this evening, so I will report back if still get the random freezes in OS X. I will post any .log files too so we can move towards a solution. Hoping replacing the faulty GPU and latest drivers will have the system running without fault.

Hey DIGIKEV, glad its working for you man!!! Can I ask, I know you HAD a 970GTX and you took that out, what is the new GPU you are using? And how are you connecting it to your monitor, VGA, HDMI, DSP, etc? Last what monitor are you using? I'm stoke its working for you, cant wait to hear back from you i might have to end up doing the same.

Wanted to give an update......So just as an experiment i bought the exact same model of RAM that I already have in the machine. Machine has 8gb so I decided to buy another 8gb of the same stuff........Low and behold the machine has been up and running without freezing/screeching/etc for 3weeks now. So doubling the RAM has been a big help.....I must also mention I did find out that I was using the wrong network ktext for my board. I also updated that to the correct one with with Chimeria.

So all-in-all system is now fine it was either it just needed more RAM or the correct LAN driver.

As the original poster, I now consider this topic/thread closed. As 3+ weeks is more than enough time to prove a fix worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back