Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Ralink/Mediatek usb wifi dongle not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
LENOVO - 20H50047US -SDK0J40697
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620 , GTX 950M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I have a Mojave install. My wifi card isn't supported so I opted to get a usb wifi dongle, I tried it on my mac os hackbook and it doesn't work I installed a driver but all to no avail can anyone please offer some help ?

The product id is 0x7601
The vendor id is 148F

*It worked on windows with just plug and play

Last edited by a moderator:
try going to the manufacturer's website of your USB Wifi and download the MacOS 10.13 or 10.14 installer.pkg if they have it there. good luck.

Yeah turns out I downloaded the corrects earlier but need to refresh my kext cache because the installer.pkg didn't do that for me.

Hello, I have a Mojave install. My wifi card isn't supported so I opted to get a usb wifi dongle, I tried it on my mac os hackbook and it doesn't work I installed a driver but all to no avail can anyone please offer some help ?

The product id is 0x7601
The vendor id is 148F

*It worked on windows with just plug and play
Did you try this?

Attachments

• RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext.zip
    593.7 KB · Views: 9,102
Did you solve this issue?

I can confirm that it works
But the only issue that Ralink/Mediatek installers fail to install kext in your system so you have to do it manually:

1. Complete installation from official Ralink/Mediatek installer and reboot (after rebooting first boot may fail, just press reset button and try again, at least it happens with my PC after installing Ralink/Mediatek driver)

2. Copy RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext (use kext from Yosemite folder for Mojave) to folder \System\Library\Extensions\

3. Repair permissions (it's better to use KextBeast 2.0.2 to install kexts)

4. Rebuild kext cache: sudo kextcache -i /

5. Reboot.

Then after rebooting Wireless Utility will work ok

Last edited:
Hello! I have tp-link Ac600 Archer T2U
Product ID: 0x761a
Vendor ID: 0x148f
OS: Mojave .I instal the driver from the tp-link and not work.I instal the kext RT2870USB and not work.Please help me!!! Thank you!

The product id is x53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back