Contribute
Register

Radeon VII (and new AMD gpus) compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the softpowerplaykext?

Radeon vii is now at end of life meaning they have stopped production of these cards. Get em while you can.

I never even tried to mess with the power table of the Radeon VII.

I didn't know Radeon VII is EOL. I got one because it's at least semi-supported in macOS. Since Navi is a new architecture, I assumed that it would take a while for macOS drivers to appear.

You can find my EFI in my Z370 build thread. Link is below in my signature.
gone through the entire thread, and tried to do some modification as well, but still same to me~~
Could you have a quick look at my EFI~~
Cheers!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.4 MB · Views: 64
gone through the entire thread, and tried to do some modification as well, but still same to me~~
Could you have a quick look at my EFI~~
Cheers!

Please try this one.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.4 MB · Views: 123
Please try this one.
Okey, so what does -disablegfxfirmware do?
Why do you have ACPI patches implemented if they are already handled by WEG.kext
Why do you have EmuVariable installed?

Okey, so what does -disablegfxfirmware do?
Why do you have ACPI patches implemented if they are already handled by WEG.kext
Why do you have EmuVariable installed?

-disablefirmware fixes a bug for some IGPUs. If you don't have IGPU enabled, it does nothing.
Redundant renames will do nothing if the rename has already been done.
I don't have EmuVariable installed. He does. He's on Z390 and needs it. I'm on Z370 and don't.

Last edited:
-disablefirmware fixes a bug form some IGPUs. If you don't have IGPU enabled, it does nothing.
Redundant renames will do nothing if the rename has already been done.
I don't have EmuVariable installed. He does. He's on Z390 and needs it. I'm on Z370 and don't.
I got you. Any chance the problem might be in the missing UEFI drivers?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-13 at 05.04.51.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-13 at 05.04.51.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 71
I got you. Any chance the problem might be in the missing UEFI drivers?

I don't think so. As long as you don't have multiple, conflicting Aptio fixes (and you don't), you should be fine.

I don't think so. As long as you don't have multiple, conflicting Aptio fixes (and you don't), you should be fine.
It's a dead end for me, I checked your EFI/Config and you clearly doesn't have anything special. I'm raiding VII support topics, but they all have solutions dating to 10.14.4 beta era, which doesn't really consider me since 10.14.5 got native AMD5000x vega20 support.
I think the next thing to try is fully reinstalling vanilla.

It's a dead end for me, I checked your EFI/Config and you clearly doesn't have anything special. I'm raiding VII support topics, but they all have solutions dating to 10.14.4 beta era, which doesn't really consider me since 10.14.5 got native AMD5000x vega20 support.
I think the next thing to try is fully reinstalling vanilla.

I don't have any experience with X99 or X299 so I don't know what can affect GPU. On Z370, it really is just plug-n-play. Even WhateverGreen isn't really needed. I just have it installed to enable DRM support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back