Contribute
Register

Radeon VII (and new AMD gpus) compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe there are just some general things you could point that might stop Radeon cards from accelerating?

When you launch IORegistryExplorer, do you see the Radeon VII using the RadeonFramebuffer? Is named GFX0 (for iMac or iMacPro1,1 system definitions) or GFX1 (for MacPro6,1)?
Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 12.31.23 AM.png

When you launch IORegistryExplorer, do you see the Radeon VII using the RadeonFramebuffer? Is named GFX0 (for iMac or iMacPro1,1 system definitions) or GFX1 (for MacPro6,1)?
View attachment 416158
lol, removing -xcpm flag did it for me, will my KextToPatch and KernalToPatch still work or they become inactive without that flag? Might be one of the kernel patches conflicting then.

lol, removing -xcpm flag did it for me, will my KextToPatch and KernalToPatch still work or they become inactive without that flag? Might be one of the kernel patches conflicting then.

I don't know... What are the IOPCIFamily patches fixing?

I don't know... What are the IOPCIFamily patches fixing?
I don't remember but they are used in the majority of x99 builds, I'll try to clean up those patches.
I guess the card is really OOB but is very sensitive to boot flags

I don't remember but they are used in the majority of x99 builds, I'll try to clean up those patches.
I guess the card is really OOB but is very sensitive to boot flags

-xcpm should be related to power management. So, you should check if sleep/wake and CPU frequencies are working right without it.

-xcpm should be related to power management. So, you should check if sleep/wake and CPU frequencies are working right without it.
Don't really care about sleep, never got it working in the first place - the screen will go off, but the whole PC will continue idleling. The CPU frequencies seems right, I could tweek that a bit.

Thanks dude! 2 heads better than one, I thought I bought a brick at first, lol.

It’s possible the kernel changes Sometimes between versions.
-xcpm should not effect the patches.
I also noticed you had XMP enabled for your ram. Some people have trouble or bugs using that setting, others don’t? Maybe test it without that setting in clover? Also if it’s enabled in clover but not in mobo bios it can cause conflicts.

Npci flag is definitely needed for x systems or no boot.

I also noticed you had XMP enabled for your ram. Some people have trouble or bugs using that setting, others don’t? Maybe test it without that setting in clover? Also if it’s enabled in clover but not in mobo bios it can cause conflicts.
I do? Wait, where could I find it in Clover?

View attachment 416158

I have it at GFX0 (for MacPro 5.1) right now, is that right? and if not how do I change it?

Last edited:
I do? Wait, where could I find it in Clover?

I have it at GFX0 (for MacPro 5.1) right now, is that right? and if not how do I change it?

MP 5.1 is GFX0, for MP6.1 it should be set to GFX1

Clover Configurator app in Boot section.

Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 10.33.09 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back