Contribute
Register

Radeon VII (and new AMD gpus) compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m on 10.14.5 and smbios imac pro 1,1 and do get the audio glitch through displayport sound. My external USB DAC is fine.

I am running the iMacPro1,1 smbios......that might fix it on a Z370, but it won't fix it on an X299....

So is the Radeon VII working with full acceleration on Mojave 10.14.5? Does it runs games?

I have the same glitches and crackling in sound running over DP, besides that when I open chrome it is a empty box and when I visit YouTube over safari then it often stucks.

Been stalking this thread daily since the VII first came out. I haven’t run a hackintosh since sandy bridge but it was a real piece of cake back then and multibeast had everything I needed to get a system up and running flawlessly. I know some people here have some degree of success, but I’m not sure if that’s the pros writing their own kexts. I’m definitely not advanced enough to figure that stuff out.

With the official release of 10.14.5, would now be a good time to jump in? (My primary concern is being able to use Premiere pro without crashes and with acceleration)

System specs:
i7-8700K
Z370 Gigabyte aorus gaming 7
64GB g.skill 3200mhz cas 15
M.2 Samsung 970 EVO 1tb
AMD Radeon VII founders edition
Also have a ASUS PCE-AC68 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Pci-E Adapter but it’s not the end of the world if that doesn’t work.

I have the same glitches and crackling in sound running over DP, besides that when I open chrome it is a empty box and when I visit YouTube over safari then it often stucks.

Try your analog audio output, typically the green port in the rear of your motherboard (you'll need speakers, but you can test with headphones or earphones)

Been stalking this thread daily since the VII first came out. I haven’t run a hackintosh since sandy bridge but it was a real piece of cake back then and multibeast had everything I needed to get a system up and running flawlessly. I know some people here have some degree of success, but I’m not sure if that’s the pros writing their own kexts. I’m definitely not advanced enough to figure that stuff out.

With the official release of 10.14.5, would now be a good time to jump in? (My primary concern is being able to use Premiere pro without crashes and with acceleration)

System specs:
i7-8700K
Z370 Gigabyte aorus gaming 7
64GB g.skill 3200mhz cas 15
M.2 Samsung 970 EVO 1tb
AMD Radeon VII founders edition
Also have a ASUS PCE-AC68 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Pci-E Adapter but it’s not the end of the world if that doesn’t work.

I think you should make a new thread with these questions.

The short answer is: No, your VII is still in early release, so complications can arise. My answer would be yes if you had an RX580, Vega56/64.

Try your analog audio output, typically the green port in the rear of your motherboard (you'll need speakers, but you can test with headphones or earphones)

I tried that i am not sure since i can't use it for daily use, but i guess it hat the same crackling.
But it has to be deeper since Chrome doesn't open properly and YouTube stucks before it even starts to play the video, it lets the hole safari tab lagging.

Does Chrome work at your setup ? And how about YouTube?

I tried that i am not sure since i can't use it for daily use, but i guess it hat the same crackling.
But it has to be deeper since Chrome doesn't open properly and YouTube stucks before it even starts to play the video, it lets the hole safari tab lagging.

Have you tried disabling iGPU and using iMac Pro 1,1 SMBIOS?

Have you tried disabling iGPU and using iMac Pro 1,1 SMBIOS?

So, @DaTony, canyondust has some good recommendations for you. I don't use Chrome, so I can't comment about that, sorry......as long as I use the analog output, youtube is fine (on Firefox).

But, as my Radeon VII is on my X299 system, I am using iMac Pro 1,1 SMBIOS. A lot of folks on this site and on the insanely site have reported good results on their Z370 and Z390 systems following @canyondust 's advice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back