Contribute
Register

Radeon VII (and new AMD gpus) compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I ran a Sapphire Radeon VII on my x9Dai Dual E5-2670. Newest Clover and Lilu/Whatevergreen. Always after a while mostly opening Dialog Boxes, I get the Umbrella spinning a while, and then the Mousepointer vanishes and the Gui freezes completely. Backup, Disk Activity still goes on. ARD Connection not possible anymore. Attached the spindump

try disable XMP in bios.

No performance improvements in 10.14.6 beta 1. Everything else seems ok. Will update if I find any problem.

Edit: Audio glitches still present.

Edit 2: And it still freezes...

Last edited:
Yes, sound seems great so far.

Audio glitches, scratchy sound gone, or at least reduced?

Audio glitches, scratchy sound gone, or at least reduced?
It's great! Glitches are 99% gone. Very rare! But I've been using it for two hours only. If something comes up later I will update the post.

Edit: Glitches are still here! They seemed to be gone for a while, now they are back, don't know why.

Last edited:
I'm running with iMac Pro smbios since this morning. I disabled my GPU in the bios. My system is more stable than using iMac 18,3 or 19,1. So far so good, not a single lag or slowdown today.

I would advise to move to iMac Pro smbios if you have stability issues with your VII.

I will update the thread if I get some slowdown in the next few days.

How's the audio? Do you have crackles or scratchy audio on your HDMI/DP to the monitor connection? Do you have sound from your monitor or do you use another method for sound on your computer?
Hi, seems like Audio is working fine

do I have to change some settings in macOS or FinalCut so that it actually uses the the GPU for exporting/rendering?
It seems not faster than on my Macbook Pro 15" 2016 - and that would be a bummer for sure. A 13min 4K clip takes roughly 30minutes to export?
thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back