Contribute
Register

Radeon VII (and new AMD gpus) compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually right now I am really excited, that I could not stop looking the Radeon VII has support, I bought a Core i9 9900K with a Asrock Z390 and I will test it with the iGPU to look how it behaves. Until now with the X299 is working stable but I want to check with other type of build...

Actually right now I am really excited, that I could not stop looking the Radeon VII has support, I bought a Core i9 9900K with a Asrock Z390 and I will test it with the iGPU to look how it behaves. Until now with the X299 is working stable but I want to check with other type of build...
That's exactly the setup I have. Working great so far!

where and how found you full acceleration ? in dreams ?

check my post #213. I tested with programs and even games, with games the Radeon VII beats the Vega with a lot of difference. There is full acceleration, the only problem is the drivers are not fully optimized and the performance in some cases is bad like is performing like an RX 580, but in other cases you can check that the Radeon VII is a compute beast...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 12.49.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 12.49.56 PM.png
    299.8 KB · Views: 115
check my post #213. I tested with programs and even games, with games the Radeon VII beats the Vega with a lot of difference. There is full acceleration, the only problem is the drivers are not fully optimized and the performance in some cases is bad like is performing like an RX 580, but in other cases you can check that the Radeon VII is a compute beast...

you're a lot out there, buddy...all people say no acceleration ... you found acceleration ... :)

you're a lot out there, buddy...all people say no acceleration ... you found acceleration ... :)

Hello, I don’t know if you are a troll or what, but please stop that behave. This is a comunity where we try to support each other in this beautiful hackintosh world. The 99% of the cases the information we want to share is true. If you for one way or another (because looking your signature you have a radeon vii) you could not make it work, it doesn’t mean others we are not trying. And really we will help you the best we can to make your Radeon VII work if for one way or another you still could not do it.

I make it work out of the box my Radeon VII well with some issues still, for one post in this thread saying thay the Radeon VII is working out of the box in the 10.14.5 public beta 1, and I tried and I can tell you 100% is true, thanks for that user that took time to do it, with my sharing I just want to make another testing sharing more information, but the Radeon VII works but with some issues still but it works without making any change in kexts and is way more stable.

If you don’t believe me, try it by yourself, to enroll for public betas is really easy and it’s allowed to discuss here public betas. But please don’t be writting things like other users says this or that, share things you alredy tested by yourself, otherwise you will confuse with no real reason other users that maybe are desesperate trying to make it work and for sure there is a way, not optimal but there is a way.

Hello, I don’t know if you are a troll or what, but please stop that behave. This is a comunity where we try to support each other in this beautiful hackintosh world. The 99% of the cases the information we want to share is true. If you for one way or another (because looking your signature you have a radeon vii) you could not make it work, it doesn’t mean others we are not trying. And really we will help you the best we can to make your Radeon VII work if for one way or another you still could not do it.

I make it work out of the box my Radeon VII well with some issues still, for one post in this thread saying thay the Radeon VII is working out of the box in the 10.14.5 public beta 1, and I tried and I can tell you 100% is true, thanks for that user that took time to do it, with my sharing I just want to make another testing sharing more information, but the Radeon VII works but with some issues still but it works without making any change in kexts and is way more stable.

If you don’t believe me, try it by yourself, to enroll for public betas is really easy and it’s allowed to discuss here public betas. But please don’t be writting things like other users says this or that, share things you alredy tested by yourself, otherwise you will confuse with no real reason other users that maybe are desesperate trying to make it work and for sure there is a way, not optimal but there is a way.

if you did not remember but the first one who shared that in beta 1 radeon 7 was working I was ... but we go over this and I want you to prove you have hardware acceleration ... post some configuration files, more detailed information, not just the assertions that you have got what others just dreaming ...

I'm waiting your reaction ... thank you ...and try to make it easier with heavy words ...

edit:
anyway, I'm waiting for beta 2 .. for beta 1 I've exhausted all the resources and knowledge to make hardware acceleration be just radeon 7 without the help of uhd 630

Last edited:
if you did not remember but the first one who shared that in beta 1 radeon 7 was working I was ... but we go over this and I want you to prove you have hardware acceleration ... post some configuration files, more detailed information, not just the assertions that you have got what others just dreaming ...

I'm waiting your reaction ... thank you ...and try to make it easier with heavy words ...

edit:
anyway, I'm waiting for beta 2 .. for beta 1 I've exhausted all the resources and knowledge to make hardware acceleration be just radeon 7 without the help of uhd 630

Well sorry for my words but I am testing right now with an intel Core i9 9900K with an Asrock Z390 with Radeon VII with iGPU headless, and.... is working actually, right now I have nothing installed yet but I have the igpu and the Radeon VII working together, I don't have to switch from the igpu to the Radeon VII, I don't have blackscreen, it is just working, don't know yet about the software because it is downloading but I have more performance in OpenCL in geekbench 161000 point, with my Core i9 7980XE socket 2066 I had 121000 points. You can check that in the Graphics Information it says Metal: Supported and I have full asceleration... and as you see in DPCIManager it shows the Intel iGPU Working and even in GeekBench you can see that... Until now it is working like the other supported Radeon GPUs with the problem of the performance is not still optimal in all cases, but I just want to check what about Final Cut because with the X299 the machine restarted inmediatly I started to try to edit.

Some screenshot to show that is working... I will share my EFI when I finish my testing to help other people that may have problems config this GPU, just in case I am using the 10.14.5 beta 1 (I don't have access to the beta 2 yet I have no notifications about that)....

And even I am downloading Rise of The Tomb Raider for testing, my monitor 4K I will move it to this machine to test the GAME in 4K...

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 1.09.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-03 at 1.04.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-03 at 1.02.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-03 at 1.12.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-03 at 1.14.15 PM.png

Ok making the testing the Radeon VII with an Core i9 9900K overclocked to 4.7Ghz, 32GB RAM DDR4 2400Mhz dual channel, Mainboard Asrock Z390 Pro4. UHD 630 is active in headless mode but with the KabyLake ids Fake_id 0x59128086 and idgplatform 0x59120003. I am using Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5 Public Beta 1 and is more way stable that the X299, Final Cut is not restarting the computer like in my X299 machine and the performance is really good, I made a Bruce5K test and the render was done in just 6 seconds.

I am still downloading more software to test it but until now is working way a lot better than the X299, I am using for 5 hours now and no lag at all that some users wrote, no blackscreen it is working without having to iniciate with the igpu first and later move to the Radeon VII, in my case is working directily from when I turn it on until I go to the Login Screen... like the other supported Radeon GPU... I will test later multimonitor with an FullHD and a 4K monitor to check if all ports are working...

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 1.35.37 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back