Contribute
Register

Radeon VII (and new AMD gpus) compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you say so.

I spent 1000 euros not for tomraider, to make video editing ... just how nvidia isnt an option so I chose radeon 7 ... but for now it is disappointing ...as our friend says, all video editing applications do not work or work randomly and with submediate results ...that all ...

whats happening here? I was able to work with the Radeon VII and with UHD 630 enabled. got 3 editing projects already done on this test machine. Smooth as a butter together with lots of plugins. Please do keep in mind that in order for these app to work like FCPX you should mimick a real mac. A real mac is using quicksync so it should stay enabled in the bios.

How are the fans on the Radeon VII with the macOS 10.14.5 Beta?

whats happening here? I was able to work with the Radeon VII and with UHD 630 enabled. got 3 editing projects already done on this test machine. Smooth as a butter together with lots of plugins. Please do keep in mind that in order for these app to work like FCPX you should mimick a real mac. A real mac is using quicksync so it should stay enabled in the bios.

what mainboard have quicksync in bios ? omg

Ok making the testing the Radeon VII with an Core i9 9900K overclocked to 4.7Ghz, 32GB RAM DDR4 2400Mhz dual channel, Mainboard Asrock Z390 Pro4. UHD 630 is active in headless mode but with the KabyLake ids Fake_id 0x59128086 and idgplatform 0x59120003. I am using Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5 Public Beta 1 and is more way stable that the X299, Final Cut is not restarting the computer like in my X299 machine and the performance is really good, I made a Bruce5K test and the render was done in just 6 seconds.

I am still downloading more software to test it but until now is working way a lot better than the X299, I am using for 5 hours now and no lag at all that some users wrote, no blackscreen it is working without having to iniciate with the igpu first and later move to the Radeon VII, in my case is working directily from when I turn it on until I go to the Login Screen... like the other supported Radeon GPU... I will test later multimonitor with an FullHD and a 4K monitor to check if all ports are working...

View attachment 397239
We have the same config using kaybylake ids. im just using 8700k on my test computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back