Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 6950 XT

OK, I have generated an SSDT-Bridge.aml table for your system, using the DSDT.aml you provided and Corpnewt's SSDTTime script, along with the Device Path for your dGPU shown below.

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

SSDT-Bridge.aml should be used in your OC setup. Yes it does contain PXSX device name, along with BRG0 device name. That doesn't make it wrong for your system.

Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 22.26.40.png screenshot of SSDT-Bridge.aml table

I also generated a number of other custom SSDT's and config.plist ACPI Patches from your DSDT.aml. These are also attached below.

Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 22.34.40.png

Screenshot of SSDTTime-Master/Results folder for your system.

You should use these custom SSDT's in place of the ones in your /EFI/OC/ACPI folder. Especially the SSDT-EC.aml table, as the one you are currently using is not looking in the correct location for the EC device. You should also make sure you include the ACPI Patches from the patches_OC.plist, as without these some of the SSDT's won't work.

I would have generated an SSDT-DMAR.aml table for your system, but I don't have a copy of the DMAR.aml table from your system.

I have incorporated the custom SSDT's and patches in to the EFI folder attached below.

Test it on a spare USB pen drive, don't overwrite your current EFI until you know this one works.

Try it and see if it helps.

Attachments

• Results.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 14
  • EFI.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 32
Hello rd3500, yes of course, without this extension it surely won't work...

OK, I have generated an SSDT-Bridge.aml table for your system, using the DSDT.aml you provided and Corpnewt's SSDTTime script, along with the Device Path for your dGPU shown below.

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

SSDT-Bridge.aml should be used in your OC setup. Yes it does contain PXSX device name, along with BRG0 device name. That doesn't make it wrong for your system.

View attachment 573874 screenshot of SSDT-Bridge.aml table

I also generated a number of other custom SSDT's and config.plist ACPI Patches from your DSDT.aml. These are also attached below.

View attachment 573876

Screenshot of SSDTTime-Master/Results folder for your system.

You should use these custom SSDT's in place of the ones in your /EFI/OC/ACPI folder. Especially the SSDT-EC.aml table, as the one you are currently using is not looking in the correct location for the EC device. You should also make sure you include the ACPI Patches from the patches_OC.plist, as without these some of the SSDT's won't work.

I would have generated an SSDT-DMAR.aml table for your system, but I don't have a copy of the DMAR.aml table from your system.

I have incorporated the custom SSDT's and patches in to the EFI folder attached below.

Test it on a spare USB pen drive, don't overwrite your current EFI until you know this one works.

Try it and see if it helps.
Thanks, I'll try it right now

Hello again @Edhawk, what I have done is delete my EFI and use the one you have attached, when I opened the config.plist, Ocvalidator gave me these results:

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-04 a las 0.11.13.png

I have rebooted, I have reset the nvram, when I get to the boot, I select the "Ventura" disk and the prohibited symbol appears, in a few seconds it returns to the boot again.

I don't know if I followed your instructions correctly, did I just have to replace the EFI?

You should also make sure you include the ACPI Patches from the patches_OC.plist

question for you, if you do a oc clean snapshot are the OC patches needed in that case or the snapshot would build them anyway?

Hello @Edhawk, it starts now, I think it was due to a problem with the Opencore Configurator, I have used my previous EFI and I have added/replaced the ssdt's and the acpi patches, now in ioreg it does not show pci-bridge. This weekend I will try to create the SSDT impersonation and properties of the 6950XT. By the way, you told me something about the DMAR tables, how can I get them? Thank you very much and have a good weekend.

The Drivers listed as errors above were in your Original EFI. I didn't remove or add any Drivers or Tools to your OC setup. In fact I purposely ignored them.

Simple fix for those errors is to edit the /EFI/OC/Drivers and /EFI/OC/Tools folders so you only have those you need present in your OC setup. As far as I am concerned that would be these Drivers & Tools.

Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 17.27.15.png

Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 17.27.34.png

You don't need any other Drivers or Tools in your OC setup. But you would need to make sure that only these Drivers and Tools are enabled in your config.plist.

Even a few of the above are not essential.

You would obtain a copy of the DMAR.aml table by Dumping the ACPI tables from your system.

The easiest way to do that is by using Hackintool, navigating to the Utilities Tab and selecting the Dump ACPI icon (4th from the right) below the main window.

Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 17.32.39.png Hackintool >Utilities tab - Dump ACPI icon highlighed

This will allow you to dump all your ACPI tables to a folder of your choice. The DMAR table will be one of the tables in the folder you create.

question for you, if you do a oc clean snapshot are the OC patches needed in that case or the snapshot would build them anyway?
You need to manually add (Copy & Paste) the ACPI Patches to the ACPI > Patch section of your config.plist. Well that is how I would do it, as I use ProperTree for editing Plists.

A Clean OC Snapshot will only add the ACPI tables, drivers, kexts and tools that are present in your EFI folder. It won't ever add any ACPI Patches, Quirks or other entries as that is not how the function is designed (in ProperTree). It should be the same for OpenCore Configurator.

Hello @Edhawk, yes, the drivers were in my "drivers" folder but I did not have them activated in "Opencore Configurator", I think the problem happened when my config.plist was opened in "Proper", this program activated all the drivers by default. drivers that were in the folder, I solved it by deactivating them again in "Opencore Configurator". I must also thank the success for getting my 6950xt working, with the SSDT-bridge BRG0 was activated and through opencore's SSDT-BRG0.aml I was able to change the path successfully, then I added the fake properties in "DeviceProperties" and everything works now , very grateful, the only problem is that, randomly, the screen turns green, I will investigate this, thank you very much again, I will also try the DMAR tables, thanks again

Back