CPU
Core 2 Duo
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GT 640
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello, I'm trying to run amd rx 560 on the old 775 socket, the hardware information for you, too, is the motherboard on the 775 socket, does the hd7970 work for Asus p5lp-LE in high sierra?
my motherboard with socket 775 Asus p5lp-le won’t run anything past El Capitan due to SSE 4.1 incompatiblies. I have a gt 640 in that machine. My hd 7970 is I. The z87 sabertooth machine in my signature

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L
CPU
E5440
Graphics
RX 560
my motherboard with socket 775 Asus p5lp-le won’t run anything past El Capitan due to SSE 4.1 incompatiblies. I have a gt 640 in that machine. My hd 7970 is I. The z87 sabertooth machine in my signature
I just thought that you were updated to SSE 4.1 CPU and successfully launched AMD 7970, I tried to use a frame buffer substitution, but also get a black screen in high on amd rx 560. Maybe I'm doing something wrong and is it possible to succeed on socket 775 with AMD video card? Is it possible to rebuild the cache without using the second video card?
There may be a problem in the absence UEFI Bios on my motherboard.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus P5LP-LE
CPU
Core 2 Duo
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GT 640
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I just thought that you were updated to SSE 4.1 CPU and successfully launched AMD 7970, I tried to use a frame buffer substitution, but also get a black screen in high on amd rx 560. Maybe I'm doing something wrong and is it possible to succeed on socket 775 with AMD video card? Is it possible to rebuild the cache without using the second video card?
There may be a problem in the absence UEFI Bios on my motherboard.
I wish I could upgrade the cpu to support SSE 4.1 but the motherboard won’t support the cpu I tried already and failed. now you can rebuild the cache without the graphics card but the kext needed to run the graphics card won’t be in the cache though. However if you wait a little bit Mojove seems to have better amd graphics support than High Sierra and all those Framebuffer requirements.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
HD 4600 & R9 270X
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
Any fix n permanent solution FCPX export and freeze problem with RX 560 4 GB.... latest 10.13.6

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L
CPU
E5440
Graphics
RX 560
I wish I could upgrade the cpu to support SSE 4.1 but the motherboard won’t support the cpu I tried already and failed. now you can rebuild the cache without the graphics card but the kext needed to run the graphics card won’t be in the cache though. However if you wait a little bit Mojove seems to have better amd graphics support than High Sierra and all those Framebuffer requirements.
This is bad ,
thanks for the answer

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
CPU
i7-8700k Coffe Lake
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX560
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi folks, I've just updated to 10.13.6 and now have a few problems with my RX560. Some videos in Safari do not play, and I have a few system lock-ups which seems to happen when viewing certain videos in Safari. Any suggestions as to what may be causing this? I'm using Lilu and Whatevergreen.

Thx

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi folks, I've just updated to 10.13.6 and now have a few problems with my RX560. Some videos in Safari do not play, and I have a few system lock-ups which seems to happen when viewing certain videos in Safari. Any suggestions as to what may be causing this? I'm using Lilu and Whatevergreen.

Thx
Have you tried without whatever? This works for some people.

Motherboard
Dell 9010 XRRDV desktop
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
so far, whatever I have tried I cannot get anything other than black screen from the DVI port.
the screen appears in Remote Desktop and I can see the monitor illuminating yet only a black screen.

This is a long and complex thread with many new concepts to take on board, especially modifying frame buffers...

Any diagnostic help appreciated.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
i7-3770k
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon RX 560 Gaming OC 4Gb - HD4000
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Ok, finally got my workstation up and running after the move, decided to try and get the rx560 working from boot.
Upgrade to , still no joy then found this info on another thread

1. Disable CSM in the BIOS (needed to set OS option to Win 8 to be able to do this)
2. Disable Intel GPU (initially)
3. Make the AMD GPU Primary GPU
4. connect the monitor to AMD GPU

Can boot into OSX from RX560 now

One problem is i can do this if i enable the onboard HD4000 graphics, goes back to rebooting when using RX560?

Motherboard
ASUS X99 AII
CPU
Intel XEON E5-2696 v3
Graphics
AMD RX 560
Mobile Phone
iOS

Thx
Same here in 10.13.x and also Mojave beta system locks up watching youtube , mouse still moving and audio playing back but the GUI is frozen.
So i now tested with inject ATI , and load vbios in clover ,plus lilu ad weg kexts it gives me RADEO PRO 555 instead of RX 560.
So far no freezes but when the display is turned off an I turn it on I don t get any signal