Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 560 on 10.13.4 macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
my motherboard with socket 775 Asus p5lp-le won’t run anything past El Capitan due to SSE 4.1 incompatiblies. I have a gt 640 in that machine. My hd 7970 is I. The z87 sabertooth machine in my signature
I just thought that you were updated to SSE 4.1 CPU and successfully launched AMD 7970, I tried to use a frame buffer substitution, but also get a black screen in high on amd rx 560. Maybe I'm doing something wrong and is it possible to succeed on socket 775 with AMD video card? Is it possible to rebuild the cache without using the second video card?
There may be a problem in the absence UEFI Bios on my motherboard.

Last edited:
I just thought that you were updated to SSE 4.1 CPU and successfully launched AMD 7970, I tried to use a frame buffer substitution, but also get a black screen in high on amd rx 560. Maybe I'm doing something wrong and is it possible to succeed on socket 775 with AMD video card? Is it possible to rebuild the cache without using the second video card?
There may be a problem in the absence UEFI Bios on my motherboard.
I wish I could upgrade the cpu to support SSE 4.1 but the motherboard won’t support the cpu I tried already and failed. now you can rebuild the cache without the graphics card but the kext needed to run the graphics card won’t be in the cache though. However if you wait a little bit Mojove seems to have better amd graphics support than High Sierra and all those Framebuffer requirements.

Any fix n permanent solution FCPX export and freeze problem with RX 560 4 GB.... latest 10.13.6

I wish I could upgrade the cpu to support SSE 4.1 but the motherboard won’t support the cpu I tried already and failed. now you can rebuild the cache without the graphics card but the kext needed to run the graphics card won’t be in the cache though. However if you wait a little bit Mojove seems to have better amd graphics support than High Sierra and all those Framebuffer requirements.
This is bad ,
thanks for the answer

Hi folks, I've just updated to 10.13.6 and now have a few problems with my RX560. Some videos in Safari do not play, and I have a few system lock-ups which seems to happen when viewing certain videos in Safari. Any suggestions as to what may be causing this? I'm using Lilu and Whatevergreen.

Thx

Hi folks, I've just updated to 10.13.6 and now have a few problems with my RX560. Some videos in Safari do not play, and I have a few system lock-ups which seems to happen when viewing certain videos in Safari. Any suggestions as to what may be causing this? I'm using Lilu and Whatevergreen.

Thx
Have you tried without whatever? This works for some people.

so far, whatever I have tried I cannot get anything other than black screen from the DVI port.
the screen appears in Remote Desktop and I can see the monitor illuminating yet only a black screen.

This is a long and complex thread with many new concepts to take on board, especially modifying frame buffers...

Any diagnostic help appreciated.

Ok, finally got my workstation up and running after the move, decided to try and get the rx560 working from boot.
Upgrade to , still no joy then found this info on another thread

1. Disable CSM in the BIOS (needed to set OS option to Win 8 to be able to do this)
2. Disable Intel GPU (initially)
3. Make the AMD GPU Primary GPU
4. connect the monitor to AMD GPU

Can boot into OSX from RX560 now

One problem is i can do this if i enable the onboard HD4000 graphics, goes back to rebooting when using RX560?

Ok, finally got my workstation up and running after the move, decided to try and get the rx560 working from boot.
Upgrade to , still no joy then found this info on another thread

1. Disable CSM in the BIOS (needed to set OS option to Win 8 to be able to do this)
2. Disable Intel GPU (initially)
3. Make the AMD GPU Primary GPU
4. connect the monitor to AMD GPU

Can boot into OSX from RX560 now

One problem is i can do this if i enable the onboard HD4000 graphics, goes back to rebooting when using RX560?

I have an i5-3570K and an RX 460 (like RX 460 but less CUs).
I use IGPU (HD 4000) as connectorless, means NO Display out only for Quicksync.
attached Clover graphic setup IG-ID and Inject Intel, smbios is Imac13,2 .
I only have LILU + Whatevergreen. no other graphic specific extensions.
Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-18 um 10.08.36.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back