Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

I can't get my XFX R7 360 to work. Can some one help me out please?

I just purchased 2 R9 280X Sapphire video cards, running 10.12.3 OOB everything seems to run smoothly of course boot to black screen but this doesn't seem to bother me. As of today are there any other AMD cards which are faster that just run OOB or do they all need some tweaks and patches? I purchased the cards for running FCPX
Thanks

Yes it's a pain in the ass this card in Sierra.
I'm going to try further.
I have a msi b150m motherboard

Spoof device ID to R7 360X. If you're using Sierra, you'll most likely have to use iGPU=Primary.

Additionally, since it's an XFX card, you might have to use a different VBIOS. Most of this is covered in the first post of this thread.

Attachments

• 20170128_234451.jpg
    20170128_234451.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 193
Hello there,
I just installed the Sierra on my Hackintosh. So I'm using the R380X, the installation was quite fine. I use my integrated GPU for booting (so its my primary gpu). But I don't have any Graphic acceleration. Everything is so sluggish. In the system info the GPU seemed to be named correctly: AMD R9 xx 4096. Do you have any suggestions for me?
Thank you in advance!

Hello,
i have installed Sierra on my PC with Clover and when i try to boot from hard drive it makes something, then the screen goes black and the system does not boot any further. Before i had, El Captain with HD5750 and everything worked, then i switched to RX 460, and El Captain worked. Then i have installed Sierra with Clover (This was a fresh install) and i have this black screen. Do somebody know how to fix this ?

So with Sierra, also the ootb 280x has pre os black screen?
The question is: pre os black screen means that if you wait you'll get your os or that it stucks on a black screen? Do you get at least the boot screen in case of a dual boot system?

Last edited:
I only got sleep to partially work, already tried with two different cards and still could not get the sleep to fully work.

Sierra - Imac 15,1 - Asrock z97e-itx AC / 4770k / Sapphire 280x Toxic
- iGPU disabled - sleep turns of display then tries to turn off system fans then ramps up fans afte 1-2 seconds could not get the
screen to display again
- iGPU enabled - sleep turns off display but not system fans, wakes display successfully.

Sierra - Imac 15,1 - Asrock z97e-itx AC / 4770k / XFX 390 (Asus390 vbios)
- iGPU disabled - no boot
- iGPU enabled - sleep turns off display but not system fans, wakes display successfully.

One common thing I noticed is that when iGPU is enabled - the 280x/390 display goes to sleep but not the iGPU (when i tried attaching a monitor).

Hopefully someone can help here.

Last edited:
Back