Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

My Vega 56 also has a blower style cooler. I applied liquid metal to it. I use a Silverstone KL06 case with Noctuas everywhere and it has very good cooling. I can probably push the clocks more but I'm happy with the performance, temps, and stability right now so I don't want to mess with it.

View attachment 365702

That's a big case. Mine needs to be portable and fit as a carry-on on airlines. As you can see, with stock config it is cramped. Use an SFX power supply and remove the drive cage nonsense and it's a nice case. I use a 4x2.5(15mm) icy dock drive cage in place of the DVD drive to hold my spinning drives and to insert removables for backup. I'm considering adding a bit of rubber between the case bottom and the card so it isn't just hanging out there. The PCIe slot is metal re-enforced and it's bolted tightly at the card slots so I'm not sure it needs extra bracing but it couldn't hurt. These Vegas are long cards.
shopping.png

My Vega 56 also has a blower style cooler. I applied liquid metal to it. I use a Silverstone KL06 case with Noctuas everywhere and it has very good cooling. I can probably push the clocks more but I'm happy with the performance, temps, and stability right now so I don't want to mess with it.

View attachment 365702

I was looking at those Air Cooler Vega 56 cards earlier. How is the fan noise on them ??

Just ordered a XFX Fatboy RX 590 on Amazon. Sold out but they will ship as soon as they come in. They were sold out on Newegg as well. Man I’ve been checking all day for these to be on sale. Missed the first run for the FatBoy a 3 slot monster.

View attachment 365704

Man what happened with XFX cards, they're so ugly nowadays haha. They used to look cool.

I was looking at those Air Cooler Vega 56 cards earlier. How is the fan noise on them ??

My recommendations are Sapphire Nitro+, they come with 3 fans and keep the GPU cool.

I see a lot of sales on the blower style coolers nowadays, not much on the Nitro+

That's a big case. Mine needs to be portable and fit as a carry-on on airlines. As you can see, with stock config it is cramped. Use an SFX power supply and remove the drive cage nonsense and it's a nice case. I use a 4x2.5(15mm) icy dock drive cage in place of the DVD drive to hold my spinning drives and to insert removables for backup. I'm considering adding a bit of rubber between the case bottom and the card so it isn't just hanging out there. The PCIe slot is metal re-enforced and it's bolted tightly at the card slots so I'm not sure it needs extra bracing but it couldn't hurt. These Vegas are long cards.
View attachment 365708

Yes, I use a mATX motherboard, but, believe it or not, I've managed to fit this case in a carry on bag. It was a tight fit, but I was able to close the zipper. Lol

I also use a drive cage with my build, but it's a 3x3.5" to 5.25" cage. It really makes swapping drives ridiculously easy.

At stock, the fan is very loud. With some tweaking to keep temperatures at more respectable levels, it's not too bad.

When I'm not stressing the card, i.e. normal browsing, desktop stuff, I can't hear it.

At stock, the fan is very loud. With some tweaking to keep temperatures at more respectable levels, it's not too bad.

When I'm not stressing the card, i.e. normal browsing, desktop stuff, I can't hear it.

Useful to know, thanks.

Do you still have your RX 560 ?

Back