GA-H87-HD3
CPU
i5 4670
Graphics
Intel HD4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I've a problem with the R9 280. My hackintosh runs great, everything is ok, but i can't control the speed fan of my gpu. The fan speed is fixed and I can't read the speed. There is a fix for this ?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-GAMING 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600 / RX 460
Hi Docxavier,

Again : many thanks for your answer.

It seems I am still unable to get my RX 460 to work. So here are my 4 questions :
- 1°) to get it to output something, do I have to use the DP port ? Or should the HDMI output work also ?
- 2°) to get the RX 460 to output anything, do I have to disconnect the VGA cable from the iGPU ?
- 3°) any specific settings on the MoBo to get this to work ?
- 4°) can my problems be related to a specific design (MSI I got has 4GB video RAM) ?

Thanks a lot for your answers and your time to help...

Regards
Hello CleanPenguin,

Are you using just one monitor? I'm using one monitor only and I have conected RX only using DP, but I tried HDMI and it works as well.
I'm not connecting the igpu. Only plug it when I need to reach the mb bios or clover boot menu.

Your card should work using DP or HDMI. Your MSI, as far as I know, works very well¡¡¡

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X OC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Am I the only one that Clover version 4061 solves everything? I have read that a lot of people had issue and cannot boot with this version because it messes up with intel graphics. Indeed it boots to intel graphics then the monitor hooked up to intel just hangs to a half way white bar apple logo and all monitors hooked up to AMD card work fine. Now my r9 380X is totally working. I mean programs that would not start or crash because of intel graphics and IGPU primary. Now everything is working. still with IGPU primary in BIOS though. what is so funny is intel graphics do not appear in about this mac either anymore! The second I update Clover it all comes back to the same non working state. There is probably a genius out there who knows what is so good or so wrong with that version and might wanna see if it is a solution for us. but hey if you have problems with your radeon card you might wanna try it out.

Motherboard
I still didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
What's the status of older high-end ATI/AMD cards in High Sierra? Do they still need a helper card to avoid the boot to black screen issue?
R9 290X OOB in High Sierra, have seen the occasional black screen, but solved by entering password, once it switches to desktop it's ok. Seems to be caused by some firmwares / clocks, I haven;t seen it with my original Hawaii bios. I'm running The Stilt M25P now. I've had it at 1150MHz with M50P; scoring 17348 in Luxmark luxball.

It's been running stable since dev release 2, with Photoshop, benchmarks and games.
Haven't got HDMI audio yet, it seems to be using the Exmoor personality instead of Baladi.

Motherboard
Intel S2600CP2J
CPU
2 x Intel Xeon E5-2670
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD7970 GHz Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
R9 290X OOB in High Sierra, have seen the occasional black screen, but solved by entering password, once it switches to desktop it's ok. Seems to be caused by some firmwares / clocks, I haven;t seen it with my original Hawaii bios. I'm running The Stilt M25P now. I've had it at 1150MHz with M50P; scoring 17348 in Luxmark luxball.

It's been running stable since dev release 2, with Photoshop, benchmarks and games.
Haven't got HDMI audio yet, it seems to be using the Exmoor personality instead of Baladi.

If true, then this would be amazing.

You have no helper card or iGPU, correct??

Motherboard
I still didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
No helper or iGPU, this is a Mac Pro 5.1.

Card is a Sapphire R9 290X, reference design, hence I'm running The Stilt roms.

Audio through DP/HDMI still not working, device id: aac8.

Motherboard
GA-Z270X
CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
Onboard
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Dear awesome people of tonymacx86.com.
I am a long time member of the forum and like to think i know my way around a hackintosh.

this problem however is driving me insane. I have gotten a MSI HD 7850 2GB OC Edition that is working fine when i boot Sierra from a unibeast USB. It gets recognised as an AMD Radeon HD 7xxx 2048 MB and has full HW acceleration. as far as i am able to figure out the 7xxx means it is using the standard radeon framebuffer. so far so good right?

Here's the deal. as soon as i install clover on the system drive i get the black screen issue. I have tried everything i could find online in the various forums basically. Tried all the ports with all the different framebuffers. Extracted a vbios on windows and let clover use that. I have downloaded different ones from the database by Techpowerup. As far as I know the device ID’s are added in the radeon kexts in Sierra. I also tried this on mavericks (where I did add the device id’s) Yosemite and elCapitan. As the Core i7 930 does not contain a Gpu there is nothing for me to set as primary in my Bios. i can't seem to use a helper card because my bios only lets me choose between PCI and PCI-e as primary. The thing that bugs me the most is that when booting from the install usb all is good. So this means the card should be able to work properly when I boot from the system drive right? i have read through this thread but nobody seems to mention this.

So basically my question is . HELP!

What am I missing here??

Thanks in advance

Richard
You may be better off just booting Clover from the USB permanently then. I don't see how it would affect any normal functions by doing so. Think of it as a Clover dongle XD!!!