Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Hi Docxavier,

Again : many thanks for your answer.

It seems I am still unable to get my RX 460 to work. So here are my 4 questions :
- 1°) to get it to output something, do I have to use the DP port ? Or should the HDMI output work also ?
- 2°) to get the RX 460 to output anything, do I have to disconnect the VGA cable from the iGPU ?
- 3°) any specific settings on the MoBo to get this to work ?
- 4°) can my problems be related to a specific design (MSI I got has 4GB video RAM) ?

Thanks a lot for your answers and your time to help...

Regards

Anyone have advice on what to do if I can't get acceleration on my R9 Fury through using FakeID 0x67EF1002 nor through adding 7300 to the Baffin IOPCImatch in the AMDRadeonX4100.kext? The OS does recognize it as 67EF now with the FakeID, however I had to do that in the EFI on my Unibeast USB for some reason.
Would an older version of Sierra work with the Fury through one of these methods?

Anyone have advice on what to do if I can't get acceleration on my R9 Fury through using FakeID 0x67EF1002 nor through adding 7300 to the Baffin IOPCImatch in the AMDRadeonX4100.kext? The OS does recognize it as 67EF now with the FakeID, however I had to do that in the EFI on my Unibeast USB for some reason.
Would an older version of Sierra work with the Fury through one of these methods?

I'd also love to hear from anyone who's got a Fury/X/Nano working on either the High Sierra beta (I believe no no one's gotten this to work yet) or 10.12.5 / 10.12.6 beta particularly with the CU fix for full acceleration. I'm currently stuck on 10.12.3 (didn't update to 10.12.4 when available) and would love to at least move to the most recent version of Sierra without loosing 64 CUs.

Last edited:
I'd also love to hear from anyone whose got a Fury/X/Nano working on either the High Sierra beta (I believe no no one's gotten this to work yet) or 10.12.5 / 10.12.6 beta particularly with the CU fix for full acceleration. I'm currently stuck on 10.12.3 (didn't update to 10.12.4 when available) and would love to at least move to the most recent version of Sierra without loosing 64 CUs.
So these methods were only just broken in 10.12.5? They should work if I were to be on 10.12.3 or 4?
Funny enough, when attempting the other two "Baffin" FakeIDs, macOS identifies the GPU as a 4330M. Still no acceleration.

So these methods were only just broken in 10.12.5? They should work if I were to be on 10.12.3 or 4?
Funny enough, when attempting the other two "Baffin" FakeIDs, macOS identifies the GPU as a 4330M. Still no acceleration.
Apple has been making significant changes to the graphics stack in 10.12.4/10.12.5/High Sierra. While I know people were able to get the full acceleration/all CUs working on 10.12.4, I'm struggling to find out whether anyone with a Fiji card has managed full acceleration w/ all CUs on 10.12.5+.
I'd test myself but I'm currently outside my home country and don't have access to my (local) backups, so I can't risk my working install.

Dear awesome people of tonymacx86.com.
I am a long time member of the forum and like to think i know my way around a hackintosh.

this problem however is driving me insane. I have gotten a MSI HD 7850 2GB OC Edition that is working fine when i boot Sierra from a unibeast USB. It gets recognised as an AMD Radeon HD 7xxx 2048 MB and has full HW acceleration. as far as i am able to figure out the 7xxx means it is using the standard radeon framebuffer. so far so good right?

Here's the deal. as soon as i install clover on the system drive i get the black screen issue. I have tried everything i could find online in the various forums basically. Tried all the ports with all the different framebuffers. Extracted a vbios on windows and let clover use that. I have downloaded different ones from the database by Techpowerup. As far as I know the device ID’s are added in the radeon kexts in Sierra. I also tried this on mavericks (where I did add the device id’s) Yosemite and elCapitan. As the Core i7 930 does not contain a Gpu there is nothing for me to set as primary in my Bios. i can't seem to use a helper card because my bios only lets me choose between PCI and PCI-e as primary. The thing that bugs me the most is that when booting from the install usb all is good. So this means the card should be able to work properly when I boot from the system drive right? i have read through this thread but nobody seems to mention this.

So basically my question is . HELP!

What am I missing here??

Thanks in advance

Richard

I've a problem with the R9 280. My hackintosh runs great, everything is ok, but i can't control the speed fan of my gpu. The fan speed is fixed and I can't read the speed. There is a fix for this ?

Hi Docxavier,

Again : many thanks for your answer.

It seems I am still unable to get my RX 460 to work. So here are my 4 questions :
- 1°) to get it to output something, do I have to use the DP port ? Or should the HDMI output work also ?
- 2°) to get the RX 460 to output anything, do I have to disconnect the VGA cable from the iGPU ?
- 3°) any specific settings on the MoBo to get this to work ?
- 4°) can my problems be related to a specific design (MSI I got has 4GB video RAM) ?

Thanks a lot for your answers and your time to help...

Regards
Hello CleanPenguin,

Are you using just one monitor? I'm using one monitor only and I have conected RX only using DP, but I tried HDMI and it works as well.
I'm not connecting the igpu. Only plug it when I need to reach the mb bios or clover boot menu.

Your card should work using DP or HDMI. Your MSI, as far as I know, works very well¡¡¡

Is there a way to get Vega to work with High Sierra? I have the Frontier Edition.

Back