Register

Psedog's Mod Pro. i7-8700K, Vega64, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for letting us know you got it working :rolleyes:

You are right m8 sorry!! :shifty:

I was going mad,
so I updated to F10
had to do twice, because seems that first time (using the first of the 2 cryptic options) the firmware did NOT updated
Then I tried using only a usb 2 port for usb boot
and using this EFI folder (got from a dude on insanely)
Screenshot 2019-08-09 at 18.25.13.png

I finally arrived and the installer and installed Mojave!
the system seems pretty stable,
all is working (just usb 3 ports are ONLY usb3 and not 2)
Also updated to 10.14.6

thanks for your help and sorry for the late feedback ! :oops:

I was going mad,
so I updated to F10
had to do twice, because seems that first time (using the first of the 2 cryptic options) the firmware did NOT updated
View attachment 421128

Also updated to 10.14.6

Honestly, I've been checking and wondering, then I saw you post in the other thread, thinking, really... Lol.

My suggestion to fix your USB Ports
You have two options, either grab my USBPorts.kext
or
Use Hackintool to map your ports. I explained the process here

Can you share this EFI please?

sure here is (I only removed themes, SerialNumber and SmUUID)

Just try to substitute your EFI folder

hope will helps

EDIT: Sorry @glasgood and @psedog I removed the posted EFI,
I wanted just to help and I didn't want to offend or disrespect anyone.

thank you both for your time and helps

Last edited:
You should probably use iMac19,2. The iMac Pro uses Xeon procs which don't have built in graphics. It's likely why your Intel UHD is limited to 31MB. Aside form that, "nothing works" isn't very specific if you want help. =]

Update:
@gino8080
I put an EFI folder into the first post marked with todays date. Can you test that and see if it works for you guys? I'd like to have a solution that works for all of us and not just some.

Also, your UHD630 should work with my solution. It won't show up in about, but MacXDVD ripper shows it. IOService shows it as well.

Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 9.45.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 9.50.24 PM.png

I was going mad,
so I updated to F10

Also updated to 10.14.6

It's funny, I tried your folder on my USB and lost my Radeon temps in HWSensors, so I added FakeSMC from my efi, and then it wouldn't boot. Removed it and placed your EFI into my SSD and it failed to boot no matter what I did. Crazy, our systems are similar, but different enough I guess.

I have been trying to figure out a way to remove all of my drivers/kexts to make it as minimalistic as possible, but everything I remove has a negative impact.

I think I know why my folder didn't work for you though. I only upload my Clover folder, not my whole EFI. That probably has the missing parts needed for a fresh install. I'll be updating my first post with the whole folder now.

Last edited:
It crashes during booting a bit over halfway... need to reboot manually.
Mine crashed and then rebooted and ran no issues after that. I think it has to do with using a different driver for AptioMemoryFix. It's always done that for me when I switch between them, for some reason, but after that the system runs well. Goes into standby, deep sleep, etc without issues.

Edit,
Nevermind. I've gotten rid of all the junk in my installation. I have a few not needed drivers and kexts. I'm also switching back to OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. It works better again. I'm not sure what I had changed to make it give me issues before, but I'm past that now. Shutdown, Sleep, Restart are all working. I have to let the system rest to go into Hibernate(Deep Sleep), so I haven't tested that one yet. New EFI folder uploaded to the first post.

Edit2: Deep Sleep works as well, woohoo.

Last edited:
Alright, so I've gone through and fully cleaned up my Clover/EFI folder. I've updated the first post. Everything is working. I'm back to being able to run my iGPU with 96M/Max for the allocated memory. EFI folder added to the first post. I have booted with my display attached to the Vega64 as well as with the iGpu. Both boot up fine and work properly.

@blouse
Give this one a shot and see if you can put your 2nd Vega back into your system now. Memory allocation doesn't seem to be an issue with this setup.

190813085314.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 9.55.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-13 at 10.25.58 PM.png

Last edited:
Can you test that and see if it works for you guys? I'd like to have a solution that works for all of us and not just some.
It will be a while before I can designate enough time to test this. I'm outta town for the next week.

I'm also switching back to OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. It works better again.
I did the same. I'm not sure I changed anything, but OsxAptio3Drv was working, then stopped. Would constantly get memory allocation errors during boot. I'm not positive, but I recall thinking it could be related to adding the device properties for my Vega card (from VGTab) for over clocking. Not entirely sure why or how that would even be relevant, but the thought popped in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back