Contribute
Register

Psedog's Mod Pro. i7-8700K, Vega64, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gino8080

The original creator " @psedog " has taken time and effort creating this guide to promote his own EFI, could you kindly remove the Glasgood EFI ( with insanley DSDT ) that you have shared here. :)
Thank you for the input. I wasn't worried about others sharing their setups/opinions. I even tested his err yours and determined it wasn't the direction I wanted to go. I understand how you don't want your DSDT leaving your realm, though. You spent a bunch of time on that as well.

I did borrow from your thread on Insanely for the Logo, obviously with my own twist, but yours inspired mine. :)

So, last night I moved my video card to a side mount. Everything I've see said that will raise my temps. This was originally a test fit and was going back in the box until I got a waterblock for the card. Turns out, my temps are actually better this way. Idling at 29°c (Stock, not overclocked) and load in Windows under Tomb Raider benchmark of 64°c and it is much quieter as well. Heaven is still reporting 100°c or so, but iStat is reporting 74°c (Overclocked).

20190814_235029.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 6.13.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-15 at 7.36.53 PM.png

TombRaider_Bench1.pngTombRaider_Bench2.png

Thank you for the input. I wasn't worried about others sharing their setups/opinions. I even tested his err yours and determined it wasn't the direction I wanted to go. I understand how you don't want your DSDT leaving your realm, though. You spent a bunch of time on that as well.

I did borrow from your thread on Insanely for the Logo, obviously with my own twist, but yours inspired mine. :)

Your logo looks awesome, great work, thanks!

Updated the first post with a new EFI folder.
Updates:
1. Kexts updated to the newest (compiled from source on multiple)
2. Changed framebuffer patches for the iGpu.

Expanding on #2.
I use the iGpu to drive a 2nd monitor. I was having multiple issues with this. These changes seems to have fixed the issues I was having. Mainly Artifacting and crashing (kernal panics).

This setup would let you max out the DVMT settings in BIOS and still boot. Don't do this. 64/256 works well. I tried 512/Max and it booted and went into the OS, but once I hooked up my second monitor and loaded Photos into that monitor, it crashed again.

Here are the settings I changed. Feel free to take a look and if you see something that isn't right. I'm all ears :mrgreen:
Intel Framebuffer fix.png20190816_000823.jpg

Last edited:
@gino8080

The original creator " @psedog " has taken time and effort creating this guide to promote his own EFI, could you kindly remove the Glasgood EFI ( with insanley DSDT ) that you have shared here. :)

Sorry @glasgood and @psedog I removed the posted EFI,
I wanted just to help and I didn't want to offend or disrespect anyone.

thank you both for your time and help

@psedog I have tried overclocking to 4.7GHz with turbo voltage settings and still after some time the system freezes. I see you have an overclocked config file in the EFI, the only change there is this:
<key>SSDT</key>
<dict>
<key>DropOem</key>
<false/>
<key>Generate</key>
<dict>
<key>CStates</key>
<false/>
<key>PStates</key>
<false/>
<key>PluginType</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>
?
This is all that is required? Do you have any tips to make it stable?

@psedog I have tried overclocking to 4.7GHz with turbo voltage settings and still after some time the system freezes. I see you have an overclocked config file in the EFI, the only change there is this:
<key>SSDT</key>
<dict>
<key>DropOem</key>
<false/>
<key>Generate</key>
<dict>
<key>CStates</key>
<false/>
<key>PStates</key>
<false/>
<key>PluginType</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>
?
This is all that is required? Do you have any tips to make it stable?
Honestly, I did nothing for the overclock. It just works. What are your temperatures looking like?

I open up Terminal and punch this in 12 times to load down the CPU (8700k with 12 threads) and monitor temps/stability for 30 minutes or so (water cooled, so the temp takes longer to stabilize).

Code:
yes > /dev/null &

and when you are done, this will stop the processes.

Code:
killall yes

I also stress test in Windows before even testing in Mac, because I wouldn't care if that OS gets corrupted.

Honestly, I did nothing for the overclock. It just works. What are your temperatures looking like?

I open up Terminal and punch this in 12 times to load down the CPU (8700k with 12 threads) and monitor temps/stability for 30 minutes or so (water cooled, so the temp takes longer to stabilize).

Code:
yes > /dev/null &

and when you are done, this will stop the processes.

Code:
killall yes

I also stress test in Windows before even testing in Mac, because I wouldn't care if that OS gets corrupted.
Thank you for the tip! I did not do 30 mins stress test to be honest. What I see is that regardless of the temp if I use highly intensive audio processing for some time I get an issue - yesterday all USB devices stopped functioning and even plugging the keyboard in another usb port did nothing. So I had to restart the computer as I had zero interface to the OS, which was still running fine... I am unsure whats going on but I will start stress testing in the upcoming days.

Thanks for your Tutorial boy I love it !
I have a question...
I Use right now the UHD 630 - I got a rtx 2070 but I buy next days a Vega 64.

I Cant change the Bootloader Resolution with your config...
some other configs give me the Options...

Maybe you can help me :)

Ah and I got a " Green Screen " when I wake it from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back