i7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings!

I'll be installing an nVidia EVGA 1070 FTW2 card in a couple days and want to make sure I have the proper sensor kexts in place so I don't get a lockup (or cause myself an issue).

To that end, are the sensor kexts @RehabMan 's modded (I have them as 6.25-332-gf3a8525c.1758) newer than HW Monitor's kexts (HWSensors.6.25-12-g23039705.1438)? Thanks to RehabMan for the suite of FakeSMC kexts!

Or, a better question might be what are the correct kexts to support "the latest" and also the nVidia GPU?

Thanks!

Jon

Greetings!

I'll be installing an nVidia EVGA 1070 FTW2 card in a couple days and want to make sure I have the proper sensor kexts in place so I don't get a lockup (or cause myself an issue).

To that end, are the sensor kexts @RehabMan 's modded (I have them as 6.25-332-gf3a8525c.1758) newer than HW Monitor's kexts (HWSensors.6.25-12-g23039705.1438)? Thanks to RehabMan for the suite of FakeSMC kexts!

Or, a better question might be what are the correct kexts to support "the latest" and also the nVidia GPU?

Thanks!

Jon
kozlek posted a build of GPUsensors that won't KP with a Pascal card here:
https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors/issues/358

Although do note that GPU core frequency is not yet supported and will always report 54MHz.

kozlek posted a build of GPUsensors that won't KP with a Pascal card here:
https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors/issues/358

Although do note that GPU core frequency is not yet supported and will always report 54MHz.
Thank you for the link. It looks as though it has been incorporated into the HW Sensors group, so I'll install that set and should be good-to-go for now. :)

I have installed the sensor group from HW Sensors latest public release (as linked in OP). The only difference (that I can see right off) between those and @RehabMan 's kexts is that I seem to have lost my AIO pump readout. I have not installed the GPU (not arrived yet), so no comment on the GPU sensor kext ATM.

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 8.42.55 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back