Contribute
Register

Prohibited Symbol on Part 2 of Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have uploaded Clover.zip and BIOS Screenshots. I went in and got captures of everything I may have adjusted. Let me know if you need any other captures from the BIOS.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 45
  • BIOS_1.jpg
    BIOS_1.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Chipset.jpg
    Chipset.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 40
  • MIT.jpg
    MIT.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Peripherals.jpg
    Peripherals.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 34
  • SATA.jpg
    SATA.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Power.jpg
    Power.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 38
  • SATA 2.jpg
    SATA 2.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Secure Boot.jpg
    Secure Boot.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Super IO.jpg
    Super IO.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 41
  • USB Configuration.jpg
    USB Configuration.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 41
My apologies, I hadn't updated my profile since I had decided to remove my GPU until I get one supported by Mojave. I do not currently have a GPU installed, and my monitor is connected to the motherboard I/O via HDMI.

• Thank you for that update on your chosen hardware.
  • What about the current BIOS Setup and CLOVER used?
    • The important components for a flawless boot are the hardware used, the macOSMojave Installer in the USB installer and the method used to create it (= a flawless installer), BIOS options chosen to boot the Installer Disk, the CLOVER boot loader in the hidden EFI Partition of the USB Installer Disk assisting the BIOS setup options to boot the disk.

• If there is a boot failure or freeze is noted in the Verbose Boot screen, to find a clue , all of the above factors need to checked with a fine-tooth comb.
    • Anything less than that is a hit or miss troubleshoot that may or may not work and may actually prolong the problem.

• Thank you for that update on your chosen hardware.
  • What about the current BIOS Setup and CLOVER used?
    • The important components for a flawless boot are the hardware used, the macOSMojave Installer in the USB installer and the method used to create it (= a flawless installer), BIOS options chosen to boot the Installer Disk, the CLOVER boot loader in the hidden EFI Partition of the USB Installer Disk assisting the BIOS setup options to boot the disk.

• If there is a boot failure or freeze is noted in the Verbose Boot screen, to find a clue , all of the above factors need to checked with a fine-tooth comb.
    • Anything less than that is a hit or miss troubleshoot that may or may not work and may actually prolong the problem.
Sorry, I posted while you were uploading the BIOS screen shots and CLOVER.
I will take a look and make my comments.

Last edited:
I have uploaded Clover.zip and BIOS Screenshots. I went in and got captures of everything I may have adjusted. Let me know if you need any other captures from the BIOS.
  • I have uploaded BIOS screen shots edited with my comments for you to consider.
  • I have uploaded screen capture of your CLOVER Filetree with some comments.
  • I have edited CLOVER with the changes suggested in CLOVER _drivers64UEFI and config.plist edited with changes mainly in ACPI and Rt Variables/

• Compare your CLOVER with the edited ones.
  • If you feel it is worth a trial , use it, but keep a copy of your current CLOVER to revert if current one does not help.
  • Verbose reboot screen must be uploaded if there are problems to help us further tweak config.plist to use the edited CLOVER folder contents and BIOS options

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 9.31.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 9.31.16 AM.png
    393.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 9.31.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 9.31.29 AM.png
    175.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 9.31.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 9.31.49 AM.png
    302.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 9.32.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 9.32.05 AM.png
    275.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 9.32.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 9.32.17 AM.png
    353.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 9.32.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 9.32.48 AM.png
    216.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 9.33.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 9.33.09 AM.png
    264.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 9.33.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 9.33.33 AM.png
    322.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 1.CLOVER FileTre.png
    1.CLOVER FileTre.png
    256.8 KB · Views: 40
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 43
Thank you for the suggestions!

Unfortunately, after adding in the changes, I am now running into a 'kexts stall(), (240s): 'IGPU'' message. I figured it was related to my Intel Graphics kext so I tried removing it.

When I remove the 'AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebufferInjector_3e9x.kext' from the kext folder, the screen does not boot with the computer.

I had done some searching and I found something about changing my 'DeviceID' but I didn't know if that was the right path because the kext wasn't the exactly the same as the one I had.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 36
  • MVIMG_20190702_190304.jpg
    MVIMG_20190702_190304.jpg
    9.9 MB · Views: 33
Thank you for the suggestions!

Unfortunately, after adding in the changes, I am now running into a 'kexts stall(), (240s): 'IGPU'' message. I figured it was related to my Intel Graphics kext so I tried removing it.

When I remove the 'AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebufferInjector_3e9x.kext' from the kext folder, the screen does not boot with the computer.

I had done some searching and I found something about changing my 'DeviceID' but I didn't know if that was the right path because the kext wasn't the exactly the same as the one I had.
  • By itself, the Verbose Boot screen text: "kexts stall(), (240s): 'IGPU'' message is Not anything specific; I understand it being a pause in kext loading.
  • If it is due to an unwanted kext like you have noted, good to remove it.
  • But I also noted your Lilu and WEG kexts are slightly old.
  • There are newer versions since that release in April 2019.
    • I have replaced the older ones with the more recent ones and uploading Edited CLOVER as zipped.
    • Try that and see rebooting with the new CLOVER in verbose boot.
Edited to add: On recheck, after I already sent you the Zipped CLOVER I found you still had that AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebufferInjector_3e9x.kext in your kexts/Other folder.
Please Remove that.
If your current SMBIOS _Product Model MacPro6,1 which I had retained need to be changed, try iMac 18,1 later.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Thanks for updating the kexts, I must have been using an older guide. Unfortunately, it is still stalling.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190702_205359.jpg
    MVIMG_20190702_205359.jpg
    10.4 MB · Views: 44
Thanks for updating the kexts, I must have been using an older guide. Unfortunately, it is still stalling.

If you have waited enough time on that screen watching the USB installer Flash Drives's LED flashing and the HDD LED activity light and saw there was no activity , then force shut down and then edit the EFI/CLOVER/Config.plist of USB installer _SMBIOS_ and change Product name to ->iMac 18, 1 and save and reboot in Verbose Mode to see if the "kextd stall" Freeze is passed.

I have tried to run it twice and it ends up putting my monitor to sleep. The computer seems to be running but nothing is happening on-screen anymore.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 48
I have tried to run it twice and it ends up putting my monitor to sleep. The computer seems to be running but nothing is happening on-screen anymore.
  • Change config.plist_SMBIOS to iMac 18,2 but keep all others same .[Currently it is macPro 6,1)
iMac 14,2 is also acceptable

Attachments

• 1.config.plist_SMBIOS.png
    1.config.plist_SMBIOS.png
    409.4 KB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back