Contribute
Register

Prohibited logo when booting Sierra installer

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am going to run into this exact same issue. My setup has been running for some time set up as MacPro 3,1. Will changing my system definition to a different MAC type cause me any issues when re-installing and getting Messages app enabled? Do I need to generate all new ID and UUID or just change the definition?

HID Legacy Mode can be fixed by booting into Single User and reloading Kernel Cache. FakeSMC doesn't load properly sometimes.

/sbin/mount -uw/
kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
kextcache -system-caches
exit

Tried it. The installer never gets to a user prompt; it fails soon after the "HID: Legacy shim 2" message.

I did find another incorrect entry in config.plist, this time in the DSDT section: FixUSB1000 should be set to "false". It didn't help, though...

I am running into an issue with initial setup. When preparing the USB in Disk Utility, the Partition button is grayed out—only Erase works. This is why Clover insists on placing itself in the main partition: there is no EFI partition. What's up with that?!

I am going to run into this exact same issue. My setup has been running for some time set up as MacPro 3,1. Will changing my system definition to a different MAC type cause me any issues when re-installing and getting Messages app enabled? Do I need to generate all new ID and UUID or just change the definition?

I don't use Messages, so I can only speculate…To be on the safe side, I'd generate a new UUID, if only to avoid tipping Apple off that you're using a Hackintosh. Duplicate UUIDs on "different hardware" (MacPro3,1->iMac10,1) would be a dead giveaway.

Tried it. The installer never gets to a user prompt; it fails soon after the "HID: Legacy shim 2" message.

I did find another incorrect entry in config.plist, this time in the DSDT section: FixUSB1000 should be set to "false". It didn't help, though...

I am running into an issue with initial setup. When preparing the USB in Disk Utility, the Partition button is grayed out—only Erase works. This is why Clover insists on placing itself in the main partition: there is no EFI partition. What's up with that?!

I don't use Messages, so I can only speculate…To be on the safe side, I'd generate a new UUID, if only to avoid tipping Apple off that you're using a Hackintosh. Duplicate UUIDs on "different hardware" (MacPro3,1->iMac10,1) would be a dead giveaway.

Do you have a patched DSDT?

Do you have a patched DSDT?

Since I don't know what that is (I thought Clover did away with DSDTs per se?) I can only assume "no".

Also, since I don't have a Sandy Bridge, I don't use any custom SSDTs, either…

EDIT: Found my mobo (Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R 1.0 F12) in the DSDT section. But this is what I used with Lion/Chimera; again, I thought Clover eliminated the need for this! Where should this file be placed?

Last edited:
Since I don't know what that is (I thought Clover did away with DSDTs per se?) I can only assume "no".

Also, since I don't have a Sandy Bridge, I don't use any custom SSDTs, either…

EDIT: Found my mobo (Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R 1.0 F12) in the DSDT section. But this is what I used with Lion/Chimera; again, I thought Clover eliminated the need for this! Where should this file be placed?

You can use the DSDT with Clover. You will need to generate a SSDT. It's recommended to have a DSDT no matter what. You can use Clover patches but majority of the time it requires more patches. DSDT and SSDT goes into EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. All of my hacks have DSDTs which I've patched myself.

Try removing your graphics card before installing, I ran into similar problems and that fixed it for me.
If it works, install the nvidia web drivers, make sure nvda_drv=1 is set up on nvram and also as a boot flag (use EmuVariableUEFI if nvram is not persistent through reboots, there's more about this on the nvidia web drivers thread), then reattach your card and try booting again.

Try removing your graphics card before installing, I ran into similar problems and that fixed it for me.
If it works, install the nvidia web drivers, make sure nvda_drv=1 is set up on nvram and also as a boot flag (use EmuVariableUEFI if nvram is not persistent through reboots, there's more about this on the nvidia web drivers thread), then reattach your card and try booting again.

Remember that this board is legacy. No UEFI.

This motherboard does not have onboard graphics. Removing the graphics card is not an option.

You can use the DSDT with Clover. You will need to generate a SSDT. It's recommended to have a DSDT no matter what. You can use Clover patches but majority of the time it requires more patches. DSDT and SSDT goes into EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. All of my hacks have DSDTs which I've patched myself.

How do I go about generating an SSDT for a Penryn-type CPU? All the tools I've found are for Sandy Bridge or newer Core i-series chips. I do have a copy of Clover Configurator, but after loading my current config.plist (the one I normally use, with the MacPro3,1 sysdef), it has no SSDT data whatsoever. The Intel CPU archive for my Q9650 notes only that "Advanced SpeedStep" (P-states?) and "Idle States" (aka C-states) are supported, but gives no further information, apart from stating the voltage range is 0.85-1.3625V. The nominal CPU speed is 3.00 GHz, with a 9X multiplier, and the bus speed is 1333 MHz.

Last edited:
This motherboard does not have onboard graphics. Removing the graphics card is not an option.

How do I go about generating an SSDT for a Penryn-type CPU? All the tools I've found are for Sandy Bridge or newer Core i-series chips. I do have a copy of Clover Configurator, but after loading my current config.plist (the one I normally use, with the MacPro3,1 sysdef), it has no SSDT data whatsoever. The Intel CPU archive for my Q9650 notes only that "Advanced SpeedStep" (P-states?) and "Idle States" (aka C-states) are supported, but gives no further information, apart from stating the voltage range is 0.85-1.3625V. The nominal CPU speed is 3.00 GHz, with a 9X multiplier, and the bus speed is 1333 MHz.

I'd recommend using iMac 10.1. It's the nearest to you're hardware. SSDT isn't needed for Core 2 CPUs. Just need Generate P & C States in config.plist.

I'd recommend using iMac 10.1. It's the nearest to you're hardware. SSDT isn't needed for Core 2 CPUs. Just need Generate P & C States in config.plist.

Set Generate P & C to both "true". SpeedStep, at least, now works on my MacPro3,1 config.plist. Since this is a desktop I don't typically use sleep or hibernate so I don't know whether C-states work or not.

I'm on holiday right now, so I haven't tested the iMac10,1 setup yet. Using the DSDT broke sound on the Mac Pro, both before and after the 10.11.6 update, so I removed it. Sound works now.

Re Sierra installer/"no EFI" issues: Using "diskutil partitionDisk" in the Terminal fixed this. Clover installed properly. Haven't been able to test yet.

Did you plug your installer drive into a USB 3.0 port? Moving down to a 2.0 port fixed this issue for me.

This machine doesn't have USB 3.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back