Contribute
Register

Prohibited logo when booting Sierra installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try boot arguments: dart=0 -xcpm slide=0 (remove the ssdt and dsdt parts).

At clover screen hit the space bar once then select debugkexts and don't reboot after panic. It should give you a better idea where and when it's stopping.

Hello, thanks for the reply.

Can you tell me the procedure to move the FakeSMC kext there please? Thank You, Nick

You need a working Mac or hack to access the USB installer EFI partition. EFIMounter is a great tool to do this (google it). Open the EFI folder then open the clover folder. There is a folder called kexts. Open it and place the FakeSMCkext and also try nullcpumanagement kext in folders 10.11 or 10.12 and other. The last 2 folders should have them, it makes booting a lot easier.

These kexts are available here in downloads section scroll to kexts.

Last edited:
I appreciate your help. Attached is a screen shot of the USB installer. Do I need to add a directory or directory within a directory and place the kexts there? Does UNiBeast do this procedure of placing those kexts where they are needed?

Thank You, Nick

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 10.20.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 10.20.40 AM.png
    416.1 KB · Views: 148
I appreciate your help. Attached is a screen shot of the USB installer. Do I need to add a directory or directory within a directory and place the kexts there? Does UNiBeast do this procedure of placing those kexts where they are needed?

Thank You, Nick

No you must add them, download them here in downloads section and place them in the kext folders section, open it (kext folder) and place in the last two folders 10.11, other.

No you must add them, download them here in downloads section and place them in the kext folders section, open it (kext folder) and place in the last two folders 10.11, other.

I would place them in S/L/E ?

or in the EFI folder then open the clover folder then place them into kexts?

Pardon me being such a noob at this. I was also wondering if I should delete any of the stock kexts to make the install actually work as well? Thanks again, Nick

I would place them in S/L/E ?

or in the EFI folder then open the clover folder then place them into kexts?

Pardon me being such a noob at this. I was also wondering if I should delete any of the stock kexts to make the install actually work as well? Thanks again, Nick

Looking at your picture are you sure thats your usb installer, it looks incomplete? Can you erase it and make a new installer. it should look more like this.
bootloader pic.png

you should have installer showing.

Then do you "show package contents" and place these kexts somewhere?

Looking at your picture are you sure thats your usb installer, it looks incomplete? Can you erase it and make a new installer. it should look more like this.
View attachment 234825

you should have installer showing.

What method do you use to get the EFI backups onto the USB installer? Unibeast or other? thank you, Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back