Contribute
Register

Probook 6570b OS X 10.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Elitebook 8560p with Dock (more or less same Dock than 6570b, without USB3). OOB works USB (2.0), eSata, Upgradebay, LAN

I had Problems with Displayport, (fixed, installed unpatched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext) and Sound. Right now I'm trying to fix the AppleHDA for the Dock. http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/121206-elitebook-8560p-dockingstation-no-sound.html

Thank you for the response elnino1!

Does your Docking Station also have the DVI-D ports? Have you tested them maybe?

Thank you for the response elnino1!

Does your Docking Station also have the DVI-D ports? Have you tested them maybe?

I just tried one DVI Port (Dual-link cable) and it worked but only single link (max 1920x1080). should be enough for a lot of users. If you need higher resolution use DisplayPort, for me it's working with 27" native resolution. (around 2600x1440 I think)

I've got 10.9.1 working great on my 6570b.
I plugged in a SD card into the on-board reader, but it's not recognized by the OS.
Does anyone have this working? If so, is there a guide to getting this done?

Also, I've not had an opportunity to try the ExpressCard slot. Does anyone have this working?

Thanks!

I've got 10.9.1 working great on my 6570b.
I plugged in a SD card into the on-board reader, but it's not recognized by the OS.
Does anyone have this working? If so, is there a guide to getting this done?

Thanks!
You need to disable FW in BIOS and have the kexts for the card reader and it should work fine.

Thanks...I'll give it a try when I'm in front of the system again.

What is the specific kext that is needed?

FYI...just disabling 1394 in the BIOS did the trick. The SD card slot is now working.

THANKS!

It is the 1366x768

I have done a little research and I will have to replace my cable on 6570b, apparently 1600x900 cable also works on the 1920x1080

i came across a blog post after googling and That person did it succesfully on a 6560b which is the year older model

Dear Riaan12,

I saw you were looking to upgade your screen of the ProBook 6570b. Did you succeed?

I'm currently doing my research to do the same thing. However I couldn't find the proper display cable online supporting HD+ and FHD. And I doubt even if there is any difference between the ones in our 6570b with 1366x768 screens by default and the ones with 1600x900. (These cables have the exact same product nr. strange enough)

Could you pm me this blog post you found?

Kind regards,

Harmen

Dear Riaan12,

I saw you were looking to upgade your screen of the ProBook 6570b. Did you succeed?

I'm currently doing my research to do the same thing. However I couldn't find the proper display cable online supporting HD+ and FHD. And I doubt even if there is any difference between the ones in our 6570b with 1366x768 screens by default and the ones with 1600x900. (These cables have the exact same product nr. strange enough)

Could you pm me this blog post you found?

Kind regards,

Harmen

Probably the cable used in 1600x900 systems is dual link where as 1366x768 is single...

Just like on the 4540s vs. 4740s... 4530s vs. 4730s...

hello first thank all the people who contribute writing forum, you help many people as I started this, I hope to someday make bringing something that works for someone.

I produce music and using windows and use too much time trying to work programs.

now I have a probook 6570b with i5 3210m 2.5 ghz intel hd 4000 and ivy bridge 16gb wifi AR9285 Blast

I install using the guide mavericks rehabman using IGPEnabler IGPlatformID = 01660003 = Yes

but I fail to correctly configure the probook instaler

I tested with low resolution and starts but does not run youtube videos and the image moves with glich

with the high resolution screen is divided into 4 as a videowall
I have seen that Riaan12 said to have a similar model working 100%

I have spent months trying to work and starts to be frustrating, not expecting it to be a bed of roses ... but this beating me

someone can esplicarme options I have to choose the probook installer to make it work correctly or do I need to do

I do not speak English very well sorry

thanks for the help

- - - Updated - - -

hello first thank all the people who contribute writing forum, you help many people as I started this, I hope to someday make bringing something that works for someone.

I produce music and using windows and use too much time trying to work programs.

now I have a probook 6570b with i5 3210m 2.5 ghz intel hd 4000 and ivy bridge 16gb wifi AR9285 Blast

I install using the guide mavericks rehabman using IGPEnabler IGPlatformID = 01660003 = Yes

I tested with low resolution and starts but does not run youtube videos and the image moves with glich

I have seen that Riaan12 said to have a similar model working 100%

I have spent months trying to work and starts to be frustrating, not expecting it to be a bed of roses ... but this beating me

someone can esplicarme options I have to choose the probook installer to make it work correctly or do I need to do

I do not speak English very well sorry

thanks for the help

Unless you have a 1600x900 or 1920x1080 screen, it does not make sense to use high resolution setting in DSDT patching section of the ProBook Installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back