Contribute
Register

Probook 6570b OS X 10.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the 1366x768

I have done a little research and I will have to replace my cable on 6570b, apparently 1600x900 cable also works on the 1920x1080

i came across a blog post after googling and That person did it succesfully on a 6560b which is the year older model

Research well... As an example, the dual-link cable used on the 4530s is different from the cable required for the 4540s. It could be the same situation for you...

I have edited my post so hopefully it will not violate any rules of the forums...

Just some feedback from my side - as this could help someone else in the future hopefully.

My HP ProBook 6570b is running OS X Mavericks 100% fine now.

Hardware change I did was only the wifi, switched it to an Atheros card from a ProBook 4330s. Everything else seems to be working fine - haven't been able to test the display port.

Just a few other notes:

To Boot into USB and when OS X is installed I had to use: IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660003

Ran ProBook Installer and everything is 100% working and I didn’t had to put in the IGPEnabler anymore.

I am dual booting with a 128GB SSD and 500GB SSHD, the SSHD is in a Tray Caddy. SSD installed with OS X Mavericks and the SSHD with Windows 8.1 Pro x64. I wanted to use the SSHD by making 2 partitions however there is a huge read write speed from the SSD to SSHD even though the notebook is SATA6.0. I have noticed with putting the SDD into the Tray caddy the speeds drops to about the half roughly 200mbps read/write speed, so I decided to go with the SSHD as that gets me 120mbps read/write speeds on the same port – not sure if that specific port might be SATA3.0. Note that I have tested the SSHD in normal HDD bay and also the speeds weren’t great, will check the speed again if someone is interested, this is just for info.

I am running my Hackintosh with Parallels Desktop, accessing Windows 8.1 x64 in Parallels Desktop as a Boot Camp Partition – this is possible, you don’t use the Boot Camp Utility.

Here is what I did

· Installed OS X on MBR Partition
· Installed Windows 8.1 x64 on other partition/drive – finish installation just before you have to create a username etc restart back into you BIOS.
· In your BIOS you have to turn on Virtualisation again.
· Install Parallels Desktop 9 if it isn’t installed already and open it, then the Boot Camp option should be there, select it and let it do its magic.

I have done the above more than once and it work definitely like this however I do not get it to work with a GPT partition not sure if this could be the make and break of the situation.

Happy to say my system is running flawless now.

I am using Better Touch Tool to use my shortcut buttons like the volume and screen brightness etc.

I have to add Ivy is more flawless than Sandy Bridge as Rehabman mentioned however for a more straightforward installation I found the Sandy to be the best.

To Boot into USB and when OS X is installed I had to use: IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660003

The bootflag is only used for Probook 6570b with 1366x768 screen resolution, will not work with 6570b 1600x900.

I'm using Clover and can use Boot Camp just fine in GPT drive, no need for MBR trick.

The bootflag is only used for Probook 6570b with 1366x768 screen resolution, will not work with 6570b 1600x900.

I'm using Clover and can use Boot Camp just fine in GPT drive, no need for MBR trick.

How did you manage the GPT partition with bootcamp on Hackintosh? I've tried it several times and it didn't work maybe I am doing something wrong?

And yeah the bootflag is for he lower resolution just mentioned it anyways as sometimes you do miss it...

I see you have an Elitebook? You running OS X on it?

How did you manage the GPT partition with bootcamp on Hackintosh? I've tried it several times and it didn't work maybe I am doing something wrong?

And yeah the bootflag is for he lower resolution just mentioned it anyways as sometimes you do miss it...

I see you have an Elitebook? You running OS X on it?

I used my guide to install both OSes.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html
Just install and it's done:think:

Have any of you experimented with the fingerprint on the probooks? I see Lenovo if I am not mistaken now they were able to get working...

Then also what about docking station? What is the chances of that being able to work? I know I tried the HP USB 2.0 Replicator on my 4330s and that didnt work for me but I think mainly because that will come down to the fact you have drivers to install on windows when using it but what about he 6570b that physically docks?

Most of the dock functionality can be enabled, but no one took the time and effort to really make it all work and document how to do it.
You and others with 6x70b and docks should open a thread about that and put your efforts together to figure stuff out. We without the hardware can only give you some tips, guidelines based on our knowledge but other then that is up to you.

Most of the dock functionality can be enabled, but no one took the time and effort to really make it all work and document how to do it.
You and others with 6x70b and docks should open a thread about that and put your efforts together to figure stuff out. We without the hardware can only give you some tips, guidelines based on our knowledge but other then that is up to you.

thanks will maybe consider that at a later stage, think this would be great to get working but up until an extend though...

thanks will maybe consider that at a later stage, think this would be great to get working but up until an extend though...

I have an Elitebook 8560p with Dock (more or less same Dock than 6570b, without USB3). OOB works USB (2.0), eSata, Upgradebay, LAN

I had Problems with Displayport, (fixed, installed unpatched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext) and Sound. Right now I'm trying to fix the AppleHDA for the Dock. http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/121206-elitebook-8560p-dockingstation-no-sound.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back