Contribute
Register

Probook 6570b OS X 10.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you have a 1600x900 or 1920x1080 screen, it does not make sense to use high resolution setting in DSDT patching section of the ProBook Installer.

thanks for replying so fast, my screen is 15.6, 1600x900

thanks for replying so fast, my screen is 15.6, 1600x900

Assuming accurate, then use 01660004 during installation and the high-resolution option when patching DSDT.

Assuming accurate, then use 01660004 during installation and the high-resolution option when patching DSDT.

I have tried to do that, but look like a videowall again, I have not installed the mini-SSDT. the mini-ssdt is needed for my laptop

I have tried to do that, but look like a videowall again, I have not installed the mini-SSDT. the mini-ssdt is needed for my laptop

Mini-SSDT is ineffective on 7-series ProBooks, and not necessary anyway.

Are you certain you have a 1600x900 screen? Verify in Windows.

Dear Riaan12,

I saw you were looking to upgade your screen of the ProBook 6570b. Did you succeed?

I'm currently doing my research to do the same thing. However I couldn't find the proper display cable online supporting HD+ and FHD. And I doubt even if there is any difference between the ones in our 6570b with 1366x768 screens by default and the ones with 1600x900. (These cables have the exact same product nr. strange enough)

Could you pm me this blog post you found?

Kind regards,

Harmen

Hi Harmen,

Ill try to look for the post and send i through to you as soon as I have it.

Ive never came around to upgrade the screen because being too busy and also being unsure.

I have doubled check and there is a difference in the cables when you change from 1366 x 768 res, like Rehabman said basically.

eljartu

I have noticed that you tuped the command differently from what I have used and that you have spaces between places.. Isnt that maybe the root of your cause?

Your command according to my knowledge should exactly look like this one below if you are running res of 1600 x 900

IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660004

Running a Res of 1366 x 768 it should look like this

IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660003

I mentioning the above as I also had the same problem where if you put in spaces there shouldn't be it doesnt boot correctly or where capitals should be capitals and not lower cases.

More info than that I cannot provide as my problems where fixed with the above.

I managed to install and mavericks, everything works correctly, you were right, my screen is low resolution, I made the installation a few times and finally it's all right, I am eternally grateful

Now I need a VGA output, I'm looking information. you think I can run 6570b Docking Station?

thank´s

I managed to install and mavericks, everything works correctly, you were right, my screen is low resolution, I made the installation a few times and finally it's all right, I am eternally grateful

Now I need a VGA output, I'm looking information. you think I can run 6570b Docking Station?

thank´s

VGA is not supported with HD4000.

thanks rehabman, then my other solution is a converter vga with usb Compatible mavericks

does not depend on the HD4000, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back