Contribute
Register

Probook 4540s Ivy Bridge howto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the latest script with already adjusted baseFrequency to 1100. It needs lowest state duplicated and compiled.

Thanks..

I recieved "Warring: cpu-type may be set improperly (0x0701 instead of 0x704). Does that mean anything detrimental? or can I continue on to compiling?

Thanks..

I recieved "Warring: cpu-type may be set improperly (0x0701 instead of 0x704). Does that mean anything detrimental? or can I continue on to compiling?
We all do. Can be ignored.

Weird, I get 8 compiling errors.
View attachment 44948

You are missing a comma after the second to last pstate (the one you duplicated).
And then you'll have to increase the package size from 0x18 to 0x19.

And I think your External declarations should be referring to "\_PR." not "\_PR_." ... it is Scope (_PR), not Scope (_PR_)

Details... details... computers are funny that way...

Have anyone got this TT working fully on a Sandy bridge 4540s?

i Got:

Wifi - Used my Dell 10v wifi card
Audio - thanks to "Probook 4540s working file" Thread
Trackpad & Keyboard - Fully as far as i can tell.
Sleep - Got it working! Yay thanks to the dsdt

Main issue:
Black screen after boot. I installed the DSDT from the "4540s" File and when i boot i can send the pc to sleep using FN+F1.
Can it possibly be a Graphics injection or some thing in the DSDT?

-Sorry for my newbynes

4540s-
I5 2450m
6GB Ram
HD3000 & Radeon 7650m (Turned off in bios)

Hello Mad_Sunday

I would first like to thank you, RehabMan and everyone else for for all your hard work

I am now the proud owner of a 4540s and I have been following your install guide. I am a new to this world and after completing a desktop this is my new project,

I have come across a few problems after installation.

After re boot the screen goes green then black blank.

Could this be that the kexts are for a Ivybridge processor and I have a sandybridge, I also notice that your machine is a I5 2310m and I only have a I3-2370m

Please advise, sorry for the stupid questions but we all have to start somewhere.

Thanks again

Sorry not to get back to these 2 questions before, but I was banned from the forum for a week .............. don't ask :D

The files in my 4540s folder are Ivy Bridge specific, you will need to find Sandy Bridge ones or create your own (sorry).
Look through the general 4540s posts for successful posters with Sandy Bridge setups.
I swapped my CPU from a Sandy Bridge i3 to an Ivy Bridge i5. It is the EASIEST processor swap I have ever done. I bought the i5 for £50 on ebay, and should be able to get £35 for the i3, so that might be an option you can consider.

Regards, Pete

Thanks

I will have a look at the other 4540 posts. If not I will consider an update.

Regards

Rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back