Contribute
Register

Probook 4540s Ivy Bridge howto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have anyone got experience with elantouchpad kext? My trackpad just stop working after installing. My big issue is that my trackpad just works as the mouse? (Speedy, no moultitouch nor prefpanel ability)

If you have a Probook 4540, why did you install the Elan Touchpad kext? The 4540s has a Synaptics touchpad...

If you have a Probook 4540, why did you install the Elan Touchpad kext? The 4540s has a Synaptics touchpad...
What trackpad functions do you have available? What trackpad driver do you use?

What trackpad functions do you have available? What trackpad driver do you use?

I use my own VoodooPS2Controller. Probably the fullest featured trackpad driver around... See the FAQ for links.

I use my own VoodooPS2Controller. Probably the fullest featured trackpad driver around... See the FAQ for links.

I couldn't gets yours to work :/ But found this crappy site with a mediafire link to a HP mini synapsis kext, i installed it, a prefpanel along with it and i found that swiping i fingers up returns F9 and down F13 so configuret mission control etc. foe right and left right "Command" and the danish letter å and for left "Command" and ¨ so used the app spark and configuret it to go back and forth in chrome :D

I couldn't gets yours to work :/ But found this crappy site with a mediafire link to a HP mini synapsis kext, i installed it, a prefpanel along with it and i found that swiping i fingers up returns F9 and down F13 so configuret mission control etc. foe right and left right "Command" and the danish letter å and for left "Command" and ¨ so used the app spark and configuret it to go back and forth in chrome :D

That sounds like an earlier version of mine...

Important to follow all install instructions. Mine is included in the Probook v6 installer, so not sure why you wouldn't have it...

You might want to see if you still have a trackpad after sleep...

Important to follow all install instructions. Mine is included in the Probook v6 installer, so not sure why you wouldn't have it...

No sleep :/ With dsdt - sleep but black screen without dsdt no sleep :(
If so gotta say that your kext works nicely:thumbup:
I didnt use Probook installer because of the incapability with 4540s.

Okay. Went to your github found voodoops2controller but what am i suppost to do with all of these .h, .cpp files? download it as a zip and rename it to .kext?

Be aware that the reason to patch your own DSDT is because native DSDTs vary between machines/BIOS versions/hardware configurations/etc. If you want a stable system, you really don't want to use a DSDT from another machine -- you should patch your own.

Eventually, when all the 4x40s patches are sorted out, it will be easy via MaciASL and a repo of patches. But it is a little tricky now because the details are still being worked out by those that have these laptops.

One thing what is the "DSDT name" for graphics?

Installed probookinstaller no difference whatsoever trackpad does the same weird keyboard combo etc. Still no sleep and i also just realized that i only got one usb port that workes 100% the 3 other only work with a mouse. So patched IOUSBFAMILY kext?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back