Contribute
Register

Probook 4540s Ivy Bridge howto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its in /Extra and after a reboot I don't notice any difference, what am I testing for?
I removed PCI IDs and so on that were HM67 chipset specific. Like with any major changes, wanted to know if they are any adverse effects.
Thanks!

Sorry for the off topic reply.. Just bought a 4540s / i7-3612qm / Atheros AR9485 couple days ago.. Going to try and put ML on this weekend. Thanks for the TT

Sorry for the off topic reply.. Just bought a 4540s / i7-3612qm / Atheros AR9485 couple days ago.. Going to try and put ML on this weekend. Thanks for the TT

Welcome to the thread, your quad core i7 will be a nice addition to the experimentation with OS X Mountain Lion on the HP 4x40s series.

Good luck, Pete

I removed PCI IDs and so on that were HM67 chipset specific. Like with any major changes, wanted to know if they are any adverse effects.
Thanks!

Would it be worth putting my Sandybridge CPU back in to see if it still runs OK with this patched file? It's not a big deal and I'd be happy to try if you think its worth doing?

Pete

Would it be worth putting my Sandybridge CPU back in to see if it still runs OK with this patched file? It's not a big deal and I'd be happy to try if you think its worth doing?

Pete
That would require repatching DSDT. I'm trying sort out P-States on my laptop at this moment.

Welcome to the thread, your quad core i7 will be a nice addition to the experimentation with OS X Mountain Lion on the HP 4x40s series.

Good luck, Pete

Tanks Pete.. I'll keep ya posted..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back