Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Attempting ML 10.8.3 Installation using Unibeast.

So my Probook Model is the 4540s, H5U86EA#ABU, Specifications HERE (HPs website). I am quite new to this so there is inevitably something simple I have missed or don't know how to do

Basic Run Down
i5-3230M with HD 4000
6GB Ram
750GB HD
Resolution 1366x786
Atheros 9285 replacement Card (if it matters but installed or not made no differece) HERE

DSDT Generator Selection:

Probook Model = 4x40s IVY
Fan Behaviour = Reading Only
Display Type = Low Resolution (1366x768)
Option = Atheros 9258 Patch also as I have swapped for a supported Atheros card.

OK, so I followed RehabMan's guide to the letter as well as the guide it replaced.

After booting in safe mode to install the kexts, etc from the Probook Installer (ver6.1b11), applying the boot0 Error fix and restarting. The result is that in the end the laptop goes though the OS load screen before the login, loads for a 20-30secs, then the screen goes briefly grey then totally black. The HDD is still active and occasionally shows activity and the fans are still running so the laptop is still active but the screen seems to be off?

Probook Installer Here
Boot0 Error Fix Here
Old Guide Here
RehabMan New Guide Here

Flags of -x have the same result, GraphicsEnabler=No is the same and -v shows no errors or hang points. The optional patches used and no change, my situation is quite strange quite strange.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

That site specifications are crap!!!
Intel® Core™ i5-3230M Processor - 2.60GHz
Intel® HD Graphics 3000
So what it is?

Also, what is your screen resolution and what did you select when you were generating the DSDT?

Oh Sorry for the lack of info, HERE is the HP direct link, I will also place it in my original post for clarification. The site is wrong about the HD3000, the i5-3230M is HD4000. Screen is 1366 x 768.

For the DSDT generator I selected:

Option = Atheros 9258 Patch also as I have swapped for a supported Atheros card.

Sorry again for the lack of specific info.

Oh Sorry for the lack of info, HERE is the HP direct link, I will also place it in my original post for clarification. The site is wrong about the HD3000, the i5-3230M is HD4000. Screen is 1366 x 768.

For the DSDT generator I selected:

Sorry again for the lack of specific info.

I wonder if it could be updated AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext? Try installing the original from your 'Installer Backups' on your desktop (use Kext Wizard) and see what happens.

Also verify you have a DSDT and that ig-platform-id is 01660003 (look at your DSDT in MaciASL and search for ig-platform-id).

I'm assuming you can boot safe mode??

Can you upload your DSDT and the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext found in /System/Library/Extensions/?
And what version of OSX are you installing?

I wonder if it could be updated AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext? Try installing the original from your 'Installer Backups' on your desktop (use Kext Wizard) and see what happens.

Also verify you have a DSDT and that ig-platform-id is 01660003 (look at your DSDT in MaciASL and search for ig-platform-id).

Unfortunately as soon as I use the probook installer and DSDT generator, I cannot get past the black screen after restart, safe mode is also blanked by the black screen most peculiarly.

I can try and reinstall ML and use the Probook Installer and see if I can replace AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext if it is present in the Installer Backups folder before restart if possible.

I will verify my DSDT and ig-platform-id and try extract my DSDT straight after using the generator before restart and get it posted as I think that will be the only way.

My expertise is not particularly high as I am still new so I will try my best.

Thanks for the help.

OK, so I followed RehabMan's guide to the letter as well as the guide it replaced.

Could it be that you both applied an outdated procedure plus the current one? That might have resulted in a mix of installed stuff that is hard to untangle...

All you need is RehabMan's guide. It should give you a working installation. Create a backup of it (e.g. boot from a LInux live CD/stick and use gparted to copy the whole Mac partition), then you can go on experimenting with other stuff.

dg

Forgive the delay in reply, I was having issues mounting my flash drives on the 4540s to move files about to my Windows machine, they all refused to mount regardless of file-system, got around it using MacDrive and the ML installer flash drive.

I can confirm there is no DSDT in the /Extra folder on the laptop HDD before patching with the probook installer.

I will update you guys tomorrow with the DSDT that the installer applies and the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext new and old.

Cheers again.

Ok I am finally back, I ran into trouble getting files off the laptop and posted via my windows PC. Anyway I have posted the old AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext that was present before the Installer use and the new one. Also my DSDT.aml , there was definitely no DSDT before I used the installer.

I cannot boot into safe mode once I use the Probook installer, -v shows no errors or hang points that I could see, it loads all the system files then loads straight into the gray then black screen as said before.

I shall try installing ML again and moving the old AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext back in before the restart to see if it fixes the issue.

Cheers again.

Attachments

• AppleIntelFramebufferCapri(old).kext.zip
    191.9 KB · Views: 130
  • AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext.zip
    191.8 KB · Views: 133
  • DSDT.zip
    22.1 KB · Views: 144

Ok I am finally back, I ran into trouble getting files off the laptop and posted via my windows PC. Anyway I have posted the old AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext that was present before the Installer use and the new one. Also my DSDT.aml , there was definitely no DSDT before I used the installer.

I cannot boot into safe mode once I use the Probook installer, -v shows no errors or hang points that I could see, it loads all the system files then loads straight into the gray then black screen as said before.

I shall try installing ML again and moving the old AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext back in before the restart to see if it fixes the issue.

Cheers again.
This DSDT looks like a correctly patched DSDT. It is normal for there to be no DSDT after a fresh install, but I'm not clear if that is what you mean by 'no DSDT before I used the installer'.

Also, did you check if there's an image on HDMI?

What is the status of your install method at this point? Have you done a fresh install (erase the partition) using only the sticky guide and v6.1b11 ProBook Installer?

For moving the stock capri back into place after a fresh install, just restore it from 'Installer Backups' on your desktop, just after the ProBook Installer is finished.

Note: There are others with success using the latest ProBook Installer v6.1b11 and the 'sticky guide' with 4540s...

Oh one other thing: In a previous post you stated you used the AR9285 patch for WiFi, but the DSDT you posted definitely does *NOT* contain the patch, so you must have not selected it this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back