Problems with Hibernation, cant wake up

Motherboard
Samsung R780
CPU
i5-520M/HM55
Graphics
GT 330M
Hello Folks,
This is my first Hackiontosh!!:D I've built it on Samsung R780 Laptop running with High Sierra. Everything seems to be working (except no Ethernet - no kext for Marvell Yukon 88E8059), only when the laptop has entered hibernation(as far I can tell) it is unable to wake up form it. The display stays dark and no matter what I do (moving mouse, clicking mouse, pressing keyboard, operating on touchpad), the laptop won’t wake up. Sometimes it reboots itself .The problem is also, I’m running on Arrandale and according to OpenCore there is not a real power management for that platform, so I don’t even have a SSDT-PLUG.aml file. It might be related but I also get a “OC: Hibernation activation - Invalid Parameter, hibernation wake - no” message on boot up.
I also did the USB mapping with USBMap.

Some help would be appreciated. Thanks

P.S. I'm using OpenCore

Attachments

• config.plist
    38.1 KB · Views: 33
  • opencore-2023-06-30-133835.txt
    256 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Oh, come on!
Does nobody really have an idea?
This is my first hackintosh and I do know how to fix the sleep!

Oh, come on!
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
Yes, I did read it already multiple times. According to the OpenCore guide, I have set everything properly and I cant find any mistakes. That's why I am here since I cant resolve that problem on my own.

Yes, I did read it already multiple times. According to the OpenCore guide, I have set everything properly and I cant find any mistakes. That's why I am here since I cant resolve that problem on my own.
Screenshot 2023-07-10 174007.jpg

Yes. I read it and know that and I've gone through my config.plist countless times. But I cant find any mistakes what I did wrong. Everything seemingly works also quite well, except that hibernation.

Yes. I read it and know that and I've gone through my config.plist countless times. But I cant find any mistakes what I did wrong. Everything seemingly works also quite well, except that hibernation.
and yet your hardware profile is still incomplete, along with your problem reporting files....

Oh, come on!

Nobody owes you any help. You can request it and if anyone is still running such an old laptop with High Sierra they might try to assist you.

But you yourself have said there's no power management in HS for your hardware.

Your problem might be related to the Nvidia GT330M gpu. Have you checked that? For example:

There are other links our site. This one is interesting:

By the way, is editing your Hardware Profile to include Samsung R780 too difficult? Anyone passing by and not seeing the first post will not know which laptop you have.

Last edited:
What is missing? I did everything as described here:
https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config-laptop.plist/arrandale.html#starting-point
and even made the NVCAP patching for my NVIDIA graphics card manually.
I know I am missing the SSDT-PLUG.aml but it cant be made, as I understood, on Arrandale.
That is what confuses me: since the SSDT-PLUG.aml cant be made, doesn't it mean that there can't be real power management?
sorry, not able to explain any better, but good luck though

Back