Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi!

I'm building a new Hackintosh. My soundcard is an Asus Supreme FX II. I need an edited Voodoo to become running this card (in attachment). All was perfect working. Now i changed the graphics card from an GT9800 (no HDMI port) to an Gigabyte GT630 (with HDMI port). Now I can't boot because there are problems with the HDMI Audio and the Voodoo. I booted with -x and deleted my Voodoo.kext. Now I can boot normally, but I have no sound. I don't know the page anymore, but there stands that I need to edit the Info.plist in my Voodoo.kext and change the IOPCIClassMatch to IOPCIPrimaryMatch and enter into the string my PCI Vendor ID.

Before the edit:

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
<string>0x04030000&amp;0xffff0000</string>

Now I searched threw the internet and I found the Device ID and the Vendor ID.

Device ID: 198b
Vendor ID: 11d4

And then there should stand:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x198b11d4</string>

Now I want to put the Kext into S/L/E and after a few seconds a window opens where the Mac says that this Kernel Extension can't be installed. What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.kext-AD1988B.zip
    160.1 KB · Views: 109
Thank you for your fast response! I used now Kext Beast to install the edited Voodoo Kext. I restarted and there where no sound inputs and outputs. So I think I have done something wrong in the Info.plist of the Kext, when I entered the PrimaryMatch. The edited Kext is in the attachments.

I hope someone can help me!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• VoodooHDA_hdmi_edit.kext.zip
    160.8 KB · Views: 118
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back