Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Dear hackintoshers, I encountered such a problem that when I turned on the computer, the error Aborted return from boot.efi catalin suddenly appeared, I can’t boot from the bootable flash drive. I have two operating systems, Windows and Mac OS Catalina, I didn’t configure anything, I didn’t change the contents in the efi folder. This error occurs when I turn on the computer
I checked in the BIOS. The disk on which mac os catalina is located is in working condition
Sorry for bad English
@Edhawk

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.8 MB · Views: 43
  • 87BDCFF3-2ABA-4852-A6C0-10C20EB49D24.jpeg
    87BDCFF3-2ABA-4852-A6C0-10C20EB49D24.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply, but having looked at the EFI you posted I can't see anything that would cause that boot issue.

Have you updated or changed anything in your BIOS recently? These are the Bios entries of importance when booting with CLOVER.

Set the following options:
  1. Virtualisation : Enabled
  2. VT-d : Disabled
  3. XHCI Hand-Off : Enabled
  4. Legacy USB Support: Auto/Enabled
  5. IO SerialPort : Disabled
  6. Network Stack : Disabled
  7. XMP Profile : Auto / Profile 1/Enabled
  8. UEFI Booting set to Enabled and set Priority over Legacy
  9. Secure Boot : Disabled
  10. Fast Boot : Disabled
  11. OS Type: Other OS
  12. Wake on LAN : Disabled
Dedicated Graphics + Integrated graphics card:
  1. Integrated Graphics : Enabled
  2. Graphics: PEG/PCIe Slot 1
  3. Initial Display Output : PCIe 1 Slot
  4. DVMT Pre-Allocated : 128M or higher

@Edhawk
NP, Thanks for the answer, I already checked the BIOS settings, nothing has changed in them since the previous working start of the system, is it possible that Windows 10 on a neighboring disk could somehow affect this?

@Edhawk
Once upon a time I communicated with you in this thread and it all ended there, I believe, with the same error.

P.S but then it happened immediately after rebooting the PC, this time it happened several months

link to thread:

Possible yes. Depends on the location of your EFI folder, and then how any Windows updates/upgrades might affect the setup.

Have you tried booting the system with just the macOS drive installed/connected? Does it behave the same?

Also try with just the macOS drive connected and booting from a USB pen drive containing your backup EFI, you do have a backup, yes?

Just re-read the other thread. Not sure why we stopped there, I must have been in a funny head space!

Error is the 'White Circle with the diagonal line through it', yes?

If that is the case add the Verbose text boot argument (-v) to the config.plist and reboot, it should show you some text that identifies the reason for the kernel panic. Better yet add these three boot arguments:

-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100

The three together should allow you to see and take a photo of the verbose text, which you can post here. As they should stop the system automatically rebooting after the kernel panic.

Possible yes. Depends on the location of your EFI folder, and then how any Windows updates/upgrades might affect the setup.

Have you tried booting the system with just the macOS drive installed/connected? Does it behave the same?

Also try with just the macOS drive connected and booting from a USB pen drive containing your backup EFI, you do have a backup, yes?

Just re-read the other thread. Not sure why we stopped there, I must have been in a funny head space!
I haven’t tried to boot without a disk with Windows 10, I’ll definitely check, I have a bootable USB flash drive, but the fact is that I also can’t boot from it. I though its finish and time to install new mac os, i planning do with open core, do you know something about it?

Error is the 'White Circle with the diagonal line through it', yes?

If that is the case add the Verbose text boot argument (-v) to the config.plist and reboot, it should show you some text that identifies the reason for the kernel panic. Better yet add these three boot arguments:

-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100

The three together should allow you to see and take a photo of the verbose text, which you can post here. As they should stop the system automatically rebooting after the kernel panic.
Okay, i try add these flags "-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100"

Back