Contribute
Register

Problem on Acer Aspire E15 (E5-571-376T)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, El Cápitan boots and install normally tho, think I'll just stick with it. Thanks :D

Well, El Cápitan boots and install normally tho, think I'll just stick with it. Thanks :D

Reports for 10.11 on hacks with Broadwell are definitely better than with 10.10.

Probably best to just jump now...

One last thing, do you have any clues on why I can't resize nor partition my MBR disk using the El Capitan PB5 Disk Utility even tho i have applied the MBR Patch?

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed.

One last thing, do you have any clues on why I can't resize nor partition my MBR disk using the El Capitan PB5 Disk Utility even tho i have applied the MBR Patch?

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed.

MBR patch is not needed and is not allowed by the rules...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Is it safe to use the BIOS file for an Acer Aspire E5-571 (which i do not know the exact model) which has the same BIOS as mine, including the version, to apply the DVMT patch or am I likely to brick my laptop? Sorry about the question but I want to be 100% sure that i'm not going to make my laptop useless :V

Is it safe to use the BIOS file for an Acer Aspire E5-571 (which i do not know the exact model) which has the same BIOS as mine, including the version, to apply the DVMT patch or am I likely to brick my laptop? Sorry about the question but I want to be 100% sure that i'm not going to make my laptop useless :V

Flashing a patched BIOS always carries the risk of bricking. And patched BIOS files are generally specific to each laptop. Proceed at your own risk.

How am I suppossed to boot the EFI Shell? Coz I've tried the methods in the guide but but the BIOS just seems to ignore it and go straight to Clover instead, can't I just use Clover's UEFI Shell?

How am I suppossed to boot the EFI Shell? Coz I've tried the methods in the guide but but the BIOS just seems to ignore it and go straight to Clover instead, can't I just use Clover's UEFI Shell?

Make sure you created the USB correctly. Should be MBR partitioned, single partition FAT32, and \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI. Secure boot must be disabled.

Yep, I did all that, twice, to make sure, I even tried other USBs. However, the guide I'm following says that I must set the BIOS to Legacy mode, so I guess there's no need for Secure Boot to be disabled? Or I should use UEFI instead? Well I just dropped the BOOT folder that I found on the zip file on my FAT32 USB and the BIOS just ignores it, even with the EFI folder.

Yep, I did all that, twice, to make sure, I even tried other USBs. However, the guide I'm following says that I must set the BIOS to Legacy mode, so I guess there's no need for Secure Boot to be disabled? Or I should use UEFI instead? Well I just dropped the BOOT folder that I found on the zip file on my FAT32 USB and the BIOS just ignores it, even with the EFI folder.

Must be EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi, not /BOOT/BOOTX64.efi. UEFI must be enabled, secure boot disabled. Legacy boot is irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back