Contribute
Register

Problem on Acer Aspire E15 (E5-571-376T)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Aspire E15 (E5-571-376T) | Clover Bootloader
CPU
Core i3 5005U 2.0Ghz/Broadwell-U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500 1GB, 1366x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Problem with Acer Aspire E15 (E5-571-376T)

Hi guys, i've done Hackintosh on a couple of notebooks before with similar specs. I've even tried UniBeast and Clover methods on this one with many different flags but I can't even boot the USB, in both cases, it gets stuck on the Apple logo, the loading bar doesn't even appear, even on verbose mode the screen goes full black, so I can't have an idea of what's going on. Any clues on why this happens? On any other notebook I've tried it boots and installs normally.

My Specs:

MotherBoard Acer EA50_HB
Intel Core i3-5005U 2,0GHz (Broadwell)
Intel HD Graphics 5500 1GB

Well, I guess that's all the relevant information I can give, apart from Security Boot (which is disabled) and SATA Mode (AHCI), there's nothing much relevant on the BIOS neither. It's an Acer Aspire E5-571-376T.

Hi guys, i've done Hackintosh on a couple of notebooks before with similar specs. I've even tried UniBeast and Clover methods on this one with many different flags but I can't even boot the USB, in both cases, it gets stuck on the Apple logo, the loading bar doesn't even appear, even on verbose mode the screen goes full black, so I can't have an idea of what's going on. Any clues on why this happens? On any other notebook I've tried it boots and installs normally.

My Specs:

MotherBoard Acer EA50_HB
Intel Core i3-5005U 2,0GHz (Broadwell)
Intel HD Graphics 5500 1GB

Well, I guess that's all the relevant information I can give, apart from Security Boot (which is disabled) and SATA Mode (AHCI), there's nothing much relevant on the BIOS neither. It's an Acer Aspire E5-571-376T.

Follow Clover guide linked from FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay special attention to the Broadwell info in the FAQ.

Ok, I've read the Clover Guide (although I already knew most of it) and i'm using the config.plist linked in the guide for the Intel HD Graphics 5500 card. Now, I still have the same problem, however, when i boot Clover on verbose, I get the following output (can't print):

root device uuid is 'F0D18026-3533-8B06-6BF3D4DFB69E'
Error allocating 0x10b37 pages at 0x000000000c42c000 alloc type 2
Couldn't allocate runtime area
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

From what I've read on the FAQ you just linked, I guess i have to edit the BIOS DVMT, since i have an InsydeH20 BIOS, however, do I have to do that after the installation or before, in order to boot the USB?

Ok, I've read the Clover Guide (although I already knew most of it) and i'm using the config.plist linked in the guide for the Intel HD Graphics 5500 card. Now, I still have the same problem, however, when i boot Clover on verbose, I get the following output (can't print):

root device uuid is 'F0D18026-3533-8B06-6BF3D4DFB69E'
Error allocating 0x10b37 pages at 0x000000000c42c000 alloc type 2
Couldn't allocate runtime area
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

From what I've read on the FAQ you just linked, I guess i have to edit the BIOS DVMT, since i have an InsydeH20 BIOS, however, do I have to do that after the installation or before, in order to boot the USB?

Post EFI/Clover folder.

EFI/Clover/kexts/Other does not contain the kexts linked from the guide. And you should try first without GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

drivers64UEFI is almost completely wrong (you only have HFSPlus.efi).

Please follow the guide as written.

Ok, I'm using your kexts now and the Clover drivers, still having the same problem tho, with the only difference that I don't get any errors on verbose mode anymore, however it still freezes, doesn't look like a Kernel Panic to me, I'd say it's something kext-related, prolly something due the video card. Here's my current Clover folder:

View attachment CLOVER2.zip

Ok, I'm using your kexts now and the Clover drivers, still having the same problem tho, with the only difference that I don't get any errors on verbose mode anymore, however it still freezes, doesn't look like a Kernel Panic to me, I'd say it's something kext-related, prolly something due the video card. Here's my current Clover folder:

View attachment 149794

Boot verbose, show quality photo of entire screen.

Note: Some users report issues with HFSPlus.efi on Broadwell. You can use VBoxHfs, delete HFSPlus and the Clover installer will create VboxHfs.efi. Don't forget to remove the disabler for VboxHfs from config.plist.

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back