Contribute
Register

Problem on Acer Aspire E15 (E5-571-376T)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think CPU-Z didn't detect my chipset properly, anyways, that's what I get when I boot Clover on verbose mode:

20150904_191109.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the image but that's the best i could get. It just freezes like that and with Chimera the results are the same. There's nothing much special about my hardware apart from the fact that it's a Broadwell CPU.

I think CPU-Z didn't detect my chipset properly, anyways, that's what I get when I boot Clover on verbose mode:

View attachment 149817

Sorry about the quality of the image but that's the best i could get. It just freezes like that and with Chimera the results are the same.

Did you switch to VboxHFS from HfsPlus?

You can also try OsxAptioFix2 instead of OsxAptioFix.

It could also be a USB issue. Make sure you try all USB ports, and different USB sticks (both USB2 and USB3).

OsxAptioFix2 does not seem to work, and VBoxHFS does not seem to change anything. I've tried all USB ports on my Laptop, i've even disconnected any other USB device from it, but it had no effect. The same USB stick that fails to boot on my E5-571 boots normaly on my E1-571, which has a very similar hardware, except from the processor architecture (Ivy Bridge). I've even scanned my hardware using Everest but I didn't find anything that could be causing problems, and verbose mode refuses to give me any clues. Note that I'm booting through UEFI.

OsxAptioFix2 does not seem to work, and VBoxHFS does not seem to change anything. I've tried all USB ports on my Laptop, i've even disconnected any other USB device from it, but it had no effect. The same USB stick that fails to boot on my E5-571 boots normaly on my E1-571, which has a very similar hardware, except from the processor architecture (Ivy Bridge). I've even scanned my hardware using Everest but I didn't find anything that could be causing problems, and verbose mode refuses to give me any clues. Note that I'm booting through UEFI.

Did you remove HFSPlus.efi? VboxHFS will not be used if HfsPlus is present. Make sure you proceed carefully and double check your work.

No idea without seeing result (attach photo) and corresponding EFI/Clover folder (attach).

Ivy Bridge is not "similar" to Broadwell.

Here's my current Clover folder:
View attachment CLOVER.zip

Yes, I did remove HFSPlus.efi and also the VBoxHFS disabler from config.plist. I'm not using OsxAptioFix2 because it gives me the same error as presented in my previous posts in verbose mode. And uploading screens is pretty much irrelevant since the results are the same as before.

I'll just try with different copies of OS X, maybe Cápitan, and different bootloaders/USB Stick, I'm not much confident about it tho.

Here's my current Clover folder:
View attachment 149836

Yes, I did remove HFSPlus.efi and also the VBoxHFS disabler from config.plist. I'm not using OsxAptioFix2 because it gives me the same error as presented in my previous posts in verbose mode. And uploading screens is pretty much irrelevant since the results are the same as before.

I'll just try with different copies of OS X, maybe Cápitan, and different bootloaders/USB Stick, I'm not much confident about it tho.

Try with FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID

Nope, I'm still getting the exact same results, I can't even boot in single-user/safe mode, nor using Legacy Boot instead of UEFI. Looks like this notebook model is only available for the brazillian market, so it's a little bit hard to get more information about it. I'll try to take a deeper look into it's hardware. Well thanks a lot for your time and patience :cry:

Nope, I'm still getting the exact same results, I can't even boot in single-user/safe mode, nor using Legacy Boot instead of UEFI. Well thanks a lot for your time and patience :cry:

Try without either OsxAptioFix or OsxAptioFix2. Also could try OsxLowMemFix (rare that it works though).

Also, you could try Clover legacy (requires creating the USB differently).

It could also be a BIOS issue (check your BIOS options).

That's my BIOS:
20150904_213954.jpg20150904_214003.jpg20150904_214010.jpg20150904_214017.jpg

That's what I get when booting with OsxAptioFix2 and OsxLowMemFix or when using none of these drivers (It freezes on Apple logo with OsxAptioFix.efi and VBoxHFS/HFSPlus):
20150904_213906.jpg

Verbose mode:
20150904_214102.jpg

The error message varies a little bit depending on the drivers I'm using, I get no errors with OsxAptioFix or when not using one at all, but it still freezes. As I said before, my hardware is no big deal.

That's my BIOS:
View attachment 149842View attachment 149843View attachment 149844View attachment 149845

That's what I get when booting with OsxAptioFix2 and OsxLowMemFix or when using none of these drivers (It freezes on Apple logo with OsxAptioFix.efi and VBoxHFS/HFSPlus):
View attachment 149846

Verbose mode:
View attachment 149847

The error message varies a little bit depending on the drivers I'm using, I get no errors with OsxAptioFix or when not using one at all, but it still freezes. As I said before, my hardware is no big deal.

It is all pretty typical memory map issue oriented. Or USB related.

The hang happens on my 4530s when using the wrong USB port, for example.

The memory allocation is typical when your memory map doesn't match what Apple expects, which is what OsxLowMemFix/OsxAptioFix/OsxAptioFix2 are tasked with fixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back