Contribute
Register

Problem after updating to 10.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got also no sound after update to 10.8.5

ALC888 on Motherboard GA-EP45-UD3LR

On 10.7.x Lion I did Patch the original Applehda.kext with a tool called HDA Wizard
This Kext did work very excellent. Even DTS Passthrough did work which was a problem before.

So I used the Kext everytime I did a update and it did work.
Also in Mountain Lion this Kext did work in 10.8-0 - 10.8.4

Now in 10.8.5 I have no Sound and I dont get this.

With the Update came also a new AudioAUUC.kext in Extensions Folder. Could this cause the Probblem?
Any Soloutions found?

No joy for me. Kext does not load. Still no IOHDACodecDevice in IOReg.

same for me. No IOHDACodecDevice in IOReg.

With the Update came also a new AudioAUUC.kext in Extensions Folder. Could this cause the Probblem?
Any Soloutions found?
I think that Apple have changed something. Many issue for many user (also for the real mac users). Maybe news kernel, maybe another kext that check for AppleHDA...

I found a new appleHDA.kext on osx86.net for ALC889 on 10.8.5
I had to edit my dsdt to make it work. (look at osx86.net for edits)
Sound is now ok input and output working

confirmed audio working on Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 in 10.8.5. Downloaded the new ALC889 kext and put it into kext utility via this process (http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=26486). Ran multibeast as per usual (without DSDT) and audio working normally.

Praise science

confirmed audio working on Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 in 10.8.5. Downloaded the new ALC889 kext and put it into kext utility via this process (http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=26486). Ran multibeast as per usual (without DSDT) and audio working normally.

Praise science
What did you choose in multibeast? Maybe you have overwritten the osx86-applehda with the multibeast one, because the osx86-applehda didn't work for me...

I chose the ALC889 under without dsdt after I had put the osx89 kext into kext utility and rebooted

I chose the ALC889 under without dsdt after I had put the osx89 kext into kext utility and rebooted
Could you please upload following:

/Extra/DSDT.aml
/S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext, and anything in there with HDA and or ALC.

And maybe tell us which version of multi beast?

Multibeast 5.4.3

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    822.5 KB · Views: 212
  • DSDT.aml
    17.4 KB · Views: 190
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back