Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock H170/Pro 4 Hyper
CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Hello there !
After a few weeks of not using catalina because I couldn't make my iGPU work (i5-6400+Asrock H170 Pro4/Hyper), I decided to boot again to start fixing issues but to my surprise my installation no longer booted.I recreated my bootable USB using Clover, and that doesn't boot either !
Does anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I suppose first thing to look for would be modified BIOS settings interfering.
IDK if that matters, but I don't use external drives.Both are internal and Samsung's one NVMe (for OS X) and a regular SATA III SSD for my Windows installation, 960 EVO (M.2) and 860 EVO (SATA)
Thanks for replying, have a nice day

Hello there !
After a few weeks of not using catalina because I couldn't make my iGPU work (i5-6400+Asrock H170 Pro4/Hyper), I decided to boot again to start fixing issues but to my surprise my installation no longer booted.I recreated my bootable USB using Clover, and that doesn't boot either !
Does anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I suppose first thing to look for would be modified BIOS settings interfering.
IDK if that matters, but I don't use external drives.Both are internal and Samsung's one NVMe (for OS X) and a regular SATA III SSD for my Windows installation, 960 EVO (M.2) and 860 EVO (SATA)
Thanks for replying, have a nice day

Hi there.

Yes it does sound like the BIOS may have reset itself, doesn't it?

Check the settings are correct as per the main guides and if the problem remains ...

How about doing this:

Boot to the Clover menu on your main drive but before selecting macOS press the Spacebar and from the menu select "verbose" -v mode. Then go back up and boot.

This will give you a text trace of the process and where it goes bad. Post a photo of the screen at that time :thumbup:

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I changed the UEFI settings, it can't be anything else...Also I can't access clover at all.I press enter to boot from boot menu and nothing happens, returns me to boot menu screen again...So no clover at all. And the usb installer also the same thing.

Hi there.

Yes it does sound like the BIOS may have reset itself, doesn't it?

Check the settings are correct as per the main guides and if the problem remains ...

How about doing this:

Boot to the Clover menu on your main drive but before selecting macOS press the Spacebar and from the menu select "verbose" -v mode. Then go back up and boot.

This will give you a text trace of the process and where it goes bad. Post a photo of the screen at that time :thumbup:
I booted into clover now, because I changed my UEFI settings.Now it hangs here but I'm pretty sure it has to do with a few Clover settings that I forgot to activate before booting...Do you have any idea what to do here ? Also, when I successfully boot, how exactly would I go about activating my iGPU? When I was booted I could barely use my PC due to the astonishingly low resolution.Thanks a lot and have a nice day

Attachments

• 90600559_314105526235400_2779059907431759872_n.jpg
    90600559_314105526235400_2779059907431759872_n.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back