i5-7600K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
In a nutshell
My Power Nap seems to be broken. If I sleep the computer it'll sleep and wake successfully, but whilst sleeping it'll wake every hour and turn pretty much everything on but the monitor (no signal).

The problem is wether I enable Power Nap in Preferences and Clover (with boot arg
darkwake=1 for ASUS motherboards) or completely try to disable it in Preferences and Clover (with boot args darkwake=no or darkwake=0), same behaviour.

So I tried to test what seemed to be working Power Nap by emailing myself and waiting it to darkwake and arrive/sync. Then, I turned the router off and woke up the computer to see if I got the email I just sent. Nothing. So it didn't sync email while power napping/darkwaking.

Wondering what's going on here, I'd say it's a broken Power Nap that won't work properly and can't be turned off. Haven't tried boot arg
darkwake alone with Power Nap Enabled in Preferences yet.

Any ideas what could be happening? Help me please :)

In a nutshell
My Power Nap seems to be broken. If I sleep the computer it'll sleep and wake successfully, but whilst sleeping it'll wake every hour and turn pretty much everything on but the monitor (no signal).

The problem is wether I enable Power Nap in Preferences and Clover (with boot arg
darkwake=1 for ASUS motherboards) or completely try to disable it in Preferences and Clover (with boot args darkwake=no or darkwake=0), same behaviour.

So I tried to test what seemed to be working Power Nap by emailing myself and waiting it to darkwake and arrive/sync. Then, I turned the router off and woke up the computer to see if I got the email I just sent. Nothing. So it didn't sync email while power napping/darkwaking.

Wondering what's going on here, I'd say it's a broken Power Nap that won't work properly and can't be turned off. Haven't tried boot arg
darkwake alone with Power Nap Enabled in Preferences yet.

Any ideas what could be happening? Help me please :)

Please post your EFI folder.

Please post your EFI folder.
There it is. Well I did test it with darkwake and no number just darkwake boot arg itself. The computer woke up, and didn't turn off. The monitor wasn't turned on either. I unplugged the Ethernet cable, then moved the mouse and logged in, the email seemed to arrive but I suspect it was because macOS was fully woken and Power Nap didn't actually work.

Below is my EFI folder - I only cleared serial numbers. Thank you for the help.

PS. If there's something else you'd recommend me to change for my ASUS mobo, I'll greatly do so.

Attachments

• EFI Folder.zip
    21.3 MB · Views: 109
There it is. Well I did test it with darkwake and no number just darkwake boot arg itself. The computer woke up, and didn't turn off. The monitor wasn't turned on either. I unplugged the Ethernet cable, then moved the mouse and logged in, the email seemed to arrive but I suspect it was because macOS was fully woken and Power Nap didn't actually work.

Below is my EFI folder - I only cleared serial numbers. Thank you for the help.

PS. If there's something else you'd recommend me to change for my ASUS mobo, I'll greatly do so.

Please try the attached EFI folder. It is the one from my Z370-G build. It should work due to the extreme similarities between the two generations. Just plug in the Serial, Board Serial, and UUID from your current config.plist to the included config.plist.

Make sure you have a back up of your working EFI folder on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive so that you can boot in the event something goes wrong.

The primary difference between your EFI folder and mine are:
  • AptioMemoryFix instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv + EmuVariableUefi. This will give you native NVRAM support.
  • New methods of injecting ig-platform-id and audio-id.
  • AppleALC instead of RealtekALC.
  • No PCIID.
  • PluginType=true instead of ssdt.aml.
I also highly recommend that you implement one of the proper USB fixes rather than rely on the 15 port limit patches. Until one of the proper USB fixes are applied, sleep should not be expected to work correctly.

Attachments

• EFI Unifided r4.3.zip
    27.3 MB · Views: 97
Please try the attached EFI folder. It is the one from my Z370-G build. It should work due to the extreme similarities between the two generations. Just plug in the Serial, Board Serial, and UUID from your current config.plist to the included config.plist.

Make sure you have a back up of your working EFI folder on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive so that you can boot in the event something goes wrong.

• AptioMemoryFix instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv + EmuVariableUefi. This will give you native NVRAM support.
  • No PCIID.
I also highly recommend that you implement one of the proper USB fixes rather than rely on the 15 port limit patches. Until one of the proper USB fixes are applied, sleep should not be expected to work correctly.

Testing, testing... it booted. I'll now try to patch USB properly, how do I do that?

• No PCIID.
For a reason, Intel Power Gadget won't show CPU frequency after using the provided EFI folder. Everything else -but Power Nap (haven't tested yet)- works like a charm.

For a reason, Intel Power Gadget won't show CPU frequency after using the provided EFI folder. Everything else -but Power Nap (haven't tested yet)- works like a charm.

Not sure why Intel Power Gadget isn't working. I don't use it so I have no clue... I am a long time user if iStat Menus and it works fine here.

Not sure why Intel Power Gadget isn't working. I don't use it so I have no clue... I am a long time user if iStat Menus and it works fine here.
Nevermind I uninstalled it. iStat Menus work great.

By the way, I tested Power Nap with your EFI folder, since it's darkwake set alone, computer will fully wake from sleep instead of just power nap, I mean every hour while sleeping it won't work properly. Any ideas?

Nevermind I uninstalled it. iStat Menus work great.

By the way, I tested Power Nap with your EFI folder, since it's darkwake set alone, computer will fully wake from sleep instead of just power nap, I mean every hour while sleeping it won't work properly. Any ideas?

Please enter the following in Terminal:
Code:
log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back