Contribute
Register

Post your SSD benchmarks using Blackmagic Disk Speed Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samsung 830 256GB that does R/W 225-342... weird. Its connected to the SATA-600 connector on my GA-Z87X-UD3H through the Marvell 88SE9172 chip.

I'll try to get my SSD at full power but... im stuck with these results :(
Anyone any ideas?

Schermafbeelding 2014-06-20 om 13.17.13.pngSchermafbeelding 2014-06-20 om 13.17.53.png

I just installed a 250GB Samsung 840 EVO,
but my performance are very different from what I read here.
What's wrong?

Thank you...

Schermata 2014-06-28 alle 16.13.25.pngSchermata 2014-06-28 alle 16.11.18.png

What's wrong?

Thank you...
You may possibly have it connected to a Sata 2 port on your motherboard.
Check the manual to see which ones are the Sata 3 ports. Or your sata
data cable may only be Sata 2 and not Sata 3 capable.

What's wrong?

Thank you...

View attachment 97181View attachment 97182

Based on your screen capture, your Link Speed is 3 Gigabit and your Negotiated Link Speed is 1.5 Gigabit. Link Speed is indicative of the SATA interface of your machine - 3Gb = SATA II speed.

Negotiated Link Speed is the speed your machine and SSD have "negotiated", or settled on. This is the actual speed the two pieces of hardware are communicating. I'm not familiar with Mac Minis, but I do know that my 2009 Macbook Pro will "negotiate" 1.5Gb if I plug its SSD in to the optical drive bay. If I plug the SSD in to the normal HDD drive bay, it "negotiates" (or connects) at 3Gb.

To achieve the 500MB/s+ read & writes speeds that are specified by the 840 EVO, your hardware must connect at a link speed of 6Gb.

I hope this helps.

OCZ VECTOR 150 240GB

OCZ VECTOR 150.png

onboard Samsung 32GB mSATA
SAMSUNG 32 gb onboard mSATA.png

Based on your screen capture, your Link Speed is 3 Gigabit and your Negotiated Link Speed is 1.5 Gigabit. Link Speed is indicative of the SATA interface of your machine - 3Gb = SATA II speed.

Negotiated Link Speed is the speed your machine and SSD have "negotiated", or settled on. This is the actual speed the two pieces of hardware are communicating. I'm not familiar with Mac Minis, but I do know that my 2009 Macbook Pro will "negotiate" 1.5Gb if I plug its SSD in to the optical drive bay. If I plug the SSD in to the normal HDD drive bay, it "negotiates" (or connects) at 3Gb.

To achieve the 500MB/s+ read & writes speeds that are specified by the 840 EVO, your hardware must connect at a link speed of 6Gb.

I hope this helps.
@marciuzzz
Would also be helpful to download / install the Samsung Magician software and check that everything
is working properly and you've got the latest firmware update. You would need to do this with a
version of Windows installed of course.

DiskSpeedTest.png
Crucial MX100 512GB
In my opinion: best value for money!
system:
MacBook Pro 13"
Intel i5 2,5 Ghz

Samsung 830 SSD 128GB running on a H77M-D3H board.

Nothing impressive but gets the job done!

Also show some love for my 32gb SanDisk Extreme USB Stick :p

Attachments

• DiskSpeedTest.png
    DiskSpeedTest.png
    740.8 KB · Views: 250
  • DiskSpeedTest2.png
    DiskSpeedTest2.png
    739 KB · Views: 248
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back