Contribute
Register

Post your SSD benchmarks using Blackmagic Disk Speed Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

Hi Bimmer,

I have an 840 pro 128gb. But I'm not getting the same sort of speeds as you. SSD is running from the Intel X79 chipset SATA 3 (6gbps) port on my Sabertooth x79, 3930k, 32gb Ram build. Trim is enabled.

Any ideas why?

Mark

Attachments

• ssdtest.jpg
    ssdtest.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 968
Hi Bimmer,

I have an 840 pro 128gb. But I'm not getting the same sort of speeds as you. SSD is running from the Intel X79 chipset SATA 3 (6gbps) port on my Sabertooth x79, 3930k, 32gb Ram build. Trim is enabled.

Any ideas why?

Mark

Actually, your scores looks pretty normal. The 128GB version is a little slower compared to the 256/512GB versions.

Ah fair enough. I'm didn't know the size could really effect speeds too much. I'm still very happy with my speeds anyway, thanks.

I know this is a thread for SSD benchmarks, but I wanted to share my results with my 3x Seagate 3TB 7200rpm Raid 0 setup. Thats 9tb of better than SSD speeds. More risky, but great for render caches and video capture.

Attachments

• 3xhdd.jpg
    3xhdd.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 1,802
Ah fair enough. I'm didn't know the size could really effect speeds too much. I'm still very happy with my speeds anyway, thanks.

I know this is a thread for SSD benchmarks, but I wanted to share my results with my 3x Seagate 3TB 7200rpm Raid 0 setup. Thats 9tb of better than SSD speeds. More risky, but great for render caches and video capture.

Nice!!! :) Is that using Apple Software Raid?? or something else??

Hi Bimmer,

GB-X79-UD5, 16Gb-1600MGz, Samsung 840 - 512Gb connected to 6Gb/s Sata3.

I'm wondering, my Gigabyte 'award-winning' bios vF12 do not allow me to set the boot order and have my p0 device to be the first in the list. It follows by AHCI, even though p0 is the one marked as SATA3-0 on my motherboard. Does anyone know how to update it?

I have to use F12 at boot time to scroll all the way to the bottom to select my primary device.

Regards,

Screen Shot 2013-03-23 at 10.01.44 PM.jpg

Uhmmm... Surely this isn't right? :S

I have an OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD

Screen Shot 2013-03-20 at 20.48.10 (2).jpg

Edit: Today my SSD died -.- Maybe the crappy performance was related to the death of it? lol. Anyway, I'm back on a standard hard drive and thankfully I had everything backed up

SanDisk Extreme II 240Gb

Attachments

• DiskSpeedTest.jpg
    DiskSpeedTest.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 864
Looks like BlackMagicdesign needs to modify (increase) their max read and write speed numbers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back