Contribute
Register

Post Your MultiBeast 5 Screenshots

My build;

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H Motherboard
CPU i5-3570K with Arctic Pro 7 rev.2 cooler.
Graphics HD4000
RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz as per TonyMac shopping list.
SSD Samsung 830 Series

Unibeast + Multibeast Install. Don't know if I needed Trim Enabler with the ssd but it doesn't seem to have done any harm. Everything working although I have not yet tried HDMI or USB3. This has to be the easiest Hackintosh I have built up to now and it is rock solid when using Unigine and Cinebench benchmarking tools. Following the overclocking method outlined in another section I have achieved 4.4Ghz at safe temperatures and is stable. I am aware of the lack of OC facilities on this board. It is Geekbenching around 13370.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-03 at 09.37.31.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-03 at 09.37.31.png
    182.1 KB · Views: 2,238
Mountain Lion on Intel Core i5-3570K (Ivy Bridge) and the Gigabyte GA-Q77M-D2H
screenshot-GA-Q77M-D2H.jpg

Tested sound output, ethernet and graphics (through DVI) and they all work perfectly.
I haven't tested the onboard sound input yet, but I tested an external USB microphone and it works perfectly when recording audio.

Got my first hackintosh up and running 100% and figured this is the least I could do. Sound, internet, HD movies, webcam (logitech c310) have all been tested. Only thing that I haven't tested is USB3.0 (but USB2.0 is working just fine). My rig:
GA-Z77-DS3H
i5 3470
9800 GTX+
SATA HDD (will soon be a SATA SSD whenever newegg decides to ship it)

Btw, here is the contents of /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>GraphicsEnabler=Yes PciRootUID=0</string>
</dict>

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-04 at 11.50.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-04 at 11.50.38 PM.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 571
Got Mountain Lion working after figuring out it needed the PCI Root ID fix. I don't know if there's ever going to be a properly written DSDT for this EVGA mobo. No sleep/wake and the shutdown and restart take longer than Lion did. I was unable to upgrade 10.7.4 to 10.8 (it would just go to the Lion login screen!), so I cloned the 10.7.4 installation to another drive, installed 10.8 new/fresh on the original 10.7.4 drive and used the Migration Assistant (after deleting the kext files on the cloned drive).

Attachments

• OS 10.8 MultiBeast settings for the EVGA FTW3.jpg
    OS 10.8 MultiBeast settings for the EVGA FTW3.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 394
My Mountain Lion is running like a dream after a very simple install.

ASUS P8/Z68-V Pro/Gen3 Motherboard
Intel i5 2500K CPU
EVGA 570 GTX Video Card

First off, it's imperative that I flash my bios with the modified version found around here (search forums for mobo specific modified rom)
Second, boot into the Unibeast install by using "PCIRootUID=0"
Third, still using the unibeast flashdrive to get booted, select my new osx install partition. Had to use PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes (or No)
Fourth, use these settings and your golden, DSDT Free.

Screen Shot 2012-09-06 at 1.38.00 PM.png

My Installation fails every time. When I look at the console it says there are problems with dependency and prelink (whatever that means)

com.apple.kextcache[378]: IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.

com.apple.kextcache[378]: IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

com.apple.kextcache[378]: AppleUSBAudio.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.

com.apple.kextcache[378]: IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.

com.apple.kextcache[378]: Prelink failed for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBAttachedSCSI; aborting prelink.

com.apple.kextd[12]: /: kextcache has had enough tries; not launching any more

failed.png

Yes, my installations are failing

Hello TonyMac !

I did go for the Z77 UP5 TH like You, but I did Install 3rd Party SATA, like it was recommended for the Z77 UD5H,
seems this was a bad idea...? (because I use the Marvell SATA for the sturtup SSD)

does USB3 work for You ? my front Panel USB3 Connectors never worked, and Youtube stayed black in Safari.

I use the recommended EVGA GT 640, and updated to 10.8.1 before doing the Multi Beast "blessing"

thanks and cheers :)

Hey,

I'm a first timer, I looked through this topic to see what I should use.

I'm running:

Gigabyte ga-zz7x-d3h
Intel core i5 3570k
NVidia gtx 670

I checked the DSDT setting, the Nvidia GTX 6xx one and Macbrook pro 12.1.
After doing that I got the following error when booting:

header read size 200, incorrect image signature
After that I got a blank screen for a second and then it turns black (and stays black :( )

I did a reinstall and installed every function one at the time. Seems like this happens when I use the no-DSDT function.

I should be able to use the function on a z77x-d3h board though?

Also, did I miss any other options (I don't need audio to work)

Thanks ;)

Seems like it happens when I install the no-DSDT function

Back